Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error in terminal: Gtk-CRITICAL Post 302445353 by msb65 on Sunday 15th of August 2010 03:00:25 PM
Old 08-15-2010
Error in terminal: Gtk-CRITICAL

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04. Recently I have seen this error appear in my terminal as I edit text files with gedit:

(gedit:2841): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_is_ancestor: assertion `ancestor != NULL' failed

Any ideas on what this means?

Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CRITICAL 11/08/05 12:06:26 _getsockopt reports error. errno: 239

I am new to this socket programming stuff. I have a problem to fix.. i got the error message. "CRITICAL 11/08/05 12:06:26 _getsockopt reports error. errno: 239" can some please help me with this.. how do i go about fixing this error. thanx in advance.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks.20
0 Replies

2. AIX

Critical error after adding 6 new disks in DS4300

Hello, This morning we have added 6 new disks (73 Gb) to our DS4300, then created a new Array en then created a logical drive, after this was done, teh following error occourd on the last 3 (new)disks: Date/Time: 22-4-08 6:56:26 Sequence number: 5472 Event type: 282D Event category:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topper
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Error on my Linux terminal

Hi, I keep on getting the following error on my linux terminal. It did not harm my system so far, but I was wondering if this can be eliminated. { Gecko:4617): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1337 (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed (Gecko:4617):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
2 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP error handling - critical

Hi all, I have done google on the aforementioned subject. But didn't find any authentic way of checking 100% Successful FTP transaction. In my case I have critical backup of source code on daily basis. I have shell script which will: 1: "mput" backup files to remote server using FTP 2:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: viki250
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Terminal Error

When in the terminal on Solaris 10 this terminal error keeps popping up and won't stop, how do I remove it? Nov 24 13:22:42 unknown sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name (unknown) -- using short name Nov 24 13:22:42 unknown sendmail: oAOIMgqg017431: SYSERR(root): fill_fd:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
6 Replies

6. Programming

Error compiling GTK Accelerator (C programming)

I believe this may be a difference in GTK+-2.0 and GTK+-3.0. I followed this tutorial and ended up with this error: # gcc -Wall -g mnemonics.c -o mnemonics `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-3.0` `pkg-config --libs gtk+-3.0` mnemonics.c: In function ‘main': mnemonics.c:44:61: error: ‘GDK_q' undeclared... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
3 Replies

7. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with Terminal

Hello All :), I am a newbie in shell scripting and Linux. Here's a problem I'm facing since last few days. Please tell me some logical reason behind this. Thanks in advance. To run my script I need to define some environment variables and need to run a TODO file. In the first go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manands07
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch user terminal error

Hello All, Here I am trying to login a Linux machine as admin user from a Solaris box.. & then switch to root user.. Code I use: ssh admin@<IP> << END su - root << A echo "Hello I am logged in as root" exit A exit END But the error I get.. su: must be run from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
3 Replies

10. SCO

Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix. My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timfox1234
2 Replies
GEDIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GEDIT(1)

NAME
gedit - text editor for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
gedit [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
gedit is the official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. While aiming at simplicity and ease of use, gedit is a powerful general purpose text editor. It can be used to create and edit all kinds of text files. gedit features a flexible plugin system which can be used to dynamically add new advanced features to gedit itself. OPTIONS
--help Prints the command line options. --encoding Set the character encoding to be used for opening the files listed on the command line". --new-window Create a new toplevel window in an existing instance of gedit. --new-document Create a new document in an existing instance of gedit. +[num] For the first file, go to the line specified by "num" (do not insert a space between the "+" sign and the number). If "num" is missing, go to the last line. filename(s)... Specifies the file to open when gedit starts. If this is not specified, gedit will load a blank file with an "Unsaved Document" label. Multiple files can be loaded if they are separated by spaces. gedit also supports handling of remote files. For example, you can pass the location of a webpage to gedit, like "http://www.gnome.org", or load a file from a FTP server, like "ftp://ftp.gnome.org/robots.txt". --list-encodings Display list of possible values for the encoding option and exit --version Output version information and exit BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gedit. AUTHORS
Paolo Maggi (paolo@gnome.org) Paolo Borelli (pborelli@katamail.com) James Willcox (jwillcox@gnome.org) Federico Mena Quintero (federico@novell.com) Chema Celorio 24 Apr 2006 GEDIT(1)