Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script which uses “kill -9” command Post 302445344 by Amrutayan09 on Sunday 15th of August 2010 12:03:05 PM
Old 08-15-2010
Thanks for your reply.

Yes u r correct, i want the core dump which is not produced using kill -9.

can i use kill -3 ?

Thank you very much for giving me an way

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to kill top command using script?

Hi all, I am using top command in my script to redirect output to temp file. I used kill -9 `ps -ef|grep top|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'` to kill top command in my script, but it is not working? Can you please tell how to kill top command in my script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process without using kill command

Sorry, posted the question in other forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
0 Replies

3. Linux

Kill a process without using kill command

I want to Kill a process without using kill command as i don't have privileges to kill the process. I know the pid and i am using Linux 2.6.9 OS. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
6 Replies

4. Web Development

Rewrite rules to change “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc?

Hey! Does anyone know how to create rewrite rules to change: “link.html?hl=en” to “/en/link.html” “link.html?hl=jp” to “/jp/link.html” “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc? Where "link.html" changes based on the page request? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with Kill Command

I am running Solaris 9. I have a problem with kill command. I'm sort of teaching myself so this might be a really stupid thing. I logged in as a normal user, lets say ABC, and then did "su" to root. After becoming root, I tried to kill the process started by ABC by saying kill -9 "pid of ABC" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to kill the process ID of a command after a certain period

All, I am trying to build a script in perl that will alllow me to pass the IP address to a ping command and redirect the output to a file and then kill that process after a certain period of time. let's say, I call my script ping.pl, I would like to be able to run it like this for example :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to stop a user giving kill command on a server!!

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and want to create a script with the follwoing description: I want to restrict the users from giving a kill command on a unix server. The server have a restricted logins with login id and passwords. I want a script that will find out if a user has given a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_scripting
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trapping a kill command sent to a script and using it to send an EOF to a subprocess before killing

I originally had a script written in pure shell that I used to parse logs in real time and create a pipe delimited file that only contained errors. It worked but it was using a lot of memory (still not clear on why). I originally got around this by writing a wrapper for the script that ran on cron... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies
BlueZ(1)							   User Commands							  BlueZ(1)

NAME
pand - BlueZ Bluetooth PAN daemon DESCRIPTION
The pand PAN daemon allows your computer to connect to ethernet networks using Bluetooth. SYNPOSIS
pand <options> OPTIONS
--show --list -l Show active PAN connections --listen -s Listen for PAN connections --connect -c <bdaddr> Create PAN connection --search -Q[duration] Search and connect --kill -k <bdaddr> Kill PAN connection --killall -K Kill all PAN connections --role -r <role> Local PAN role (PANU, NAP, GN) --service -d <role> Remote PAN service (PANU, NAP, GN) --ethernet -e <name> Network interface name --device -i <bdaddr> Source bdaddr --nosdp -D Disable SDP --encrypt -E Enable encryption --secure -S Secure connection --master -M Become the master of a piconet --nodetach -n Do not become a daemon --persist -p[interval] Persist mode --cache -C[valid] Cache addresses --pidfile -P <pidfile> Create PID file --devup -u <script> Script to run when interface comes up --devdown -o <script> Script to run when interface comes down --autozap -z Disconnect automatically on exit SCRIPTS
The devup/devdown script will be called with bluetooth device as first argument and bluetooth destination address as second argument. PAN daemon February 2003 BlueZ(1)