Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX DR Recovery
Operating Systems AIX AIX DR Recovery Post 302445277 by borek on Sunday 15th of August 2010 03:47:07 AM
Old 08-15-2010
If disk layout is different you can chose new hdisks from command line :

restvg [ -b Blocks ] [ -d FileName ][ -f Device ] [ -l ] [ -q ] [ -r ] [ -s ] [ -n ] [ -P PPsize ] [ DiskName ... ]

if not, system will try to use the same layout as in source lpar.
This User Gave Thanks to borek For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Please Tell Me About Disaster Recovery

please tell me if this thinkin is correct, if not, please corret me: disaster recovery means when something bad happens and you need to retrieved a backed up file, all you have to do is cd into the tape drive and then look for the file you want and extract it from the drive. is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disaster Recovery

Can anyone tell me of what to expect? I've been nominated to join a team of unix admins to do a DR testing. we already have the guys who are gono be doing the restores. besides the restore, anybody know what else to look forward to?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Programming

C Code recovery

Hai, Is there any tool available to get back the C code from an executable file in solaris. Accidentally the program was deleted by somebody. We need to recover the code since it has to be implemented on another system. I copied that executable and tried to execute it on another solaris machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smvel
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Disaster Recovery

Recovering Solaris to an alternate server I was just wondering if anyone could give me some points on restoring a Solaris 9 backup to an alternate server. Basically, we use netbackup 6 and I was wondering what the best procedures are for doing this? What things do we need to take into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
3 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

password recovery

hello, my password got lost - and your service to generate new passwords does not work -ive tried it out 50 times the last week or so, never got a single mail from it... please generate a new password for my account "congo" with mailadress. thanks. Thomas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo00000001
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX disaster recovery

Are there any products out there that provide a disk imaging solution for AIX (and HPUX and Solaris for that matter)? In a development environment where users are looking to restore an OS quickly back to a certain point in time, what is there available for this besides opening up the system,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Password Recovery

Perderabo has made posted a good thread in the FAQ section here: Lost root password / Can't login as root | Unix Linux Forums | Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX?

is it possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiyas
2 Replies
pci_eh_enable(5)						File Formats Manual						  pci_eh_enable(5)

NAME
pci_eh_enable - enables/disables PCI Error Recovery VALUES
Failsafe Default (Enables PCI Error Recovery.) Allowed values Integer values from to Recommended values (Enables PCI Error Recovery.) DESCRIPTION
HP-UX supports PCI Error Handling/Recovery to ensure that PCI errors caused by bad cards do not crash a hard partition on high end systems. This functionality helps in recovering the most common parity errors. This tunable is made static because it is very hard to modify hard- ware capability at run time. is made public so certain service guard users would be able to turn off the functionality. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Recommended for service guard customers. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at next reboot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on to enable PCI Error Recovery functionality When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? To disable PCI Error Recovery functionality What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? PCI Error Recovery functionality will be disabled WARNINGS
Even if tunable is PCI Error Handling/Recovery functionality will be disabled if the platform does not have the capability. All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Kernel Tunable for PCI Error Recovery pci_eh_enable(5)