Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) rsync is changing permissions Post 302445211 by Corona688 on Saturday 14th of August 2010 12:31:59 PM
Old 08-14-2010
depending on your version of osx, you may have either ktrace or dtrace.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing file permissions

Use the following to Change permission of fileB (fileB could be fileB*) to change its permission same as the permission of fileA. chmod `ls -l fileA | awk '{pr int "u+", substr($1,2,1), substr($1,3,1), substr($1,4,1), ",g+", substr($1,5,1), substr($1,6,1), substr($1,7,1), ",o+",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagansharma
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Permissions

Is it possible to change the permissons for an entire directory in one shot? I'm telneting on to a linux server. ...just a beginner-- --Paul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdavid
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing permissions of a user

So I need to change the permissions of my user account. I can access the root account on the server, but don't know how to change the permissions of my user account. I was advised to try 'userconf' to see if I am part of a group, but I dunno how that works. ANyone who knows how to see the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: achink125
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing file permissions

Is there a way to change a unix user's default file permissions so that when he creates a file, by default permissions are 777??? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
7 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

changing /cn@0:console file permissions

I'm doing a security sweep of a Sun Sol 5.8 system. The file: /dev/console, which links to /devices/pseudo/cn@0:console, has the following perms: crw--w--w- I would like to get rid of the world write permissions. I can change the file permissions, but as soon as log back in, they are changed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErnieG
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP changing file permissions

does anyone know how to write a script that will change file permissions. because the Admin blocked me from altering any of my files im only allowed to read and i heard a script like this can bypass it but i dont know how to write it. Display current users. Display user Ids only. Display... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: live2learn
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing the permissions

HI, I wann give permissions to a folder which contains multiple folders..... how can i give permissions to all folder at a time tat means if i give permissions to main folder it the same permissions has to take on all the folders in the main folders how can i use one command to give... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with changing rsync script

#/bin/bash #set -vx DST_SRV=<destination_hostname> MDATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M` SRC_CONTENT="/home/prad/sourcecontent/" DST_CONTENT="/tmp/prad/destinationfolder/" DST_LOG="/tmp/prad/STATS" CURRENT_LOG="/home/prad/STATS/rsync-current.log" EMAIL="/home/prad/EMAIL/email.log"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Permissions for Backup user to rsync files

I've got a new MythTV box at home and figured it would be a great opportunity to use it to do daily mirrors of my mysqlbackup directory (let's say /mysqlbackup/backups) and my website at /usr/local/apache/htdocs and below. I figured it would be a best practice NOT to use a root login but to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing directory permissions

Hi, Im getting this annoying problem on file permission when I copy a folder to a mounted external directory. the files inside the copied folders become all executable. I tried to search for ways how to undo the permission over the web but to no avail. tried this one but it doesnt change a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
2 Replies
DTRACE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DTRACE(1)

NAME
dtrace - Dtrace compatibile user application static probe generation tool. SYNOPSIS
dtrace -s file [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The dtrace command converts probe descriptions defined in file.d into a probe header file via the -h option or a probe description file via the -G option. OPTIONS
-h generate a systemtap header file. -G generate a systemtap probe definition object file. -o file is the name of the output file. If the -G option is given then the output file will be called file.o; if the -h option is given then the output file will be called file.h. -C run the cpp preprocessor on the input file when the -h option is given. -I file give this include path to cpp when the -C option is given. -k keep temporary files, for example the C language source for the -G option. --types generate probe argument typedef information when the -h option is given. EXAMPLES
Systemtap is source compatible with dtrace user application static probe support. Given a file test.d containing: provider sdt_probes { probe test_0 (int type); probe test_1 (struct astruct node); }; struct astruct {int a; int b;}; Then the command "dtrace -s test.d -G" will create the probe definition file test.o and the command "dtrace -s test.d -h" will create the probe header file test.h Subsequently the application can define probes using #include "test.h" ... struct astruct s; ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_0(value); ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_1(s); The application is linked with "test.o" when it is built. SEE ALSO
stap(1) stappaths(7) DTRACE(1)