Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help - Find command to exclude sub-directories Post 302445163 by ygemici on Saturday 14th of August 2010 09:03:31 AM
Old 08-14-2010
Code:
# ./justdoit mytablefile

Code:

### justdoit ###
#!/bin/bash
while read -r  i
  do
    if [[ $(echo $i | cut -d"|" -f3 |grep ",") ]] ; then
      ar=( `echo $i|cut -d"|" -f3|sed 's/^/"/;s/,/"/;s/ / "/;s/$/"/'` )
      namex=""
      for nm in ${ar[*]}
       do
        nm=$(echo $nm|sed 's/"//g')
        namex="$nm -o -name $namex"
       done
       namex=$(echo $namex |sed 's/-o -name$//')
    else
     namex=$(echo "$i" | cut -d"|" -f3)
    fi
     if [[ $(echo $i | cut -d"|" -f1) = "N" ]] ; then
         echo ""
         echo "\"Patterns\" -> $namex <-----> \"Path\" -> $(echo $i | cut -d"|" -f2) "
         echo "==========================================================="
          if [ ${#ar[@]} -gt 0 ] ; then
            find $(echo $i | cut -d"|" -f2) -maxdepth 1 \( -name $namex \) -type f  -mtime +300 -exec rm {} \;
            echo ""
          else
            find $(echo $i | cut -d"|" -f2) -maxdepth 1 -name "$namex" -type f  -mtime +300 -exec rm {} \;
            echo ""
          fi
     else
       echo ""
       echo "\"Patterns\" -> $namex <-----> \"Path\" -> $(echo $i | cut -d"|" -f2) "
       echo "==========================================================="
       find $(echo $i | cut -d"|" -f2) -name "$namex" -type f  -mtime +300 -exec rm {} \;
       echo ""
     fi
  done < $1

Last edited by ygemici; 08-14-2010 at 10:10 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command to exclude directories

Howdy I have this directory structure ... eep eepaptest eepfatest eepgltest eep.old eeppoptest ehf ehfaptest ehfgltest ehp ehpgltest I want to find files in these directories, but I want to exclude eep, ehf & ehp. Cany anyone help with the correct command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmurfGGM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find but exclude directories

Hello, I have a line in my script to find the files changed in the last 24 hours. It is as below: find /home/hary -type f -mtime -1 I now want to exclude a directory named "/home/hary/temp/cache" from the above find command. How do I add it to my script? Any help is appreciated. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadi18
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Exclude multiple directories from find command?

Hi, Can some one help me how to exclude multiple directories using find command.. I have the directory structure below. /a/a1/b1 /a/c1/c2 /a/d1/d2/d3 I want to exlcude a1,c2and d3 from the above using find,can some one suggest pls.. thanks in advance... Use code tags... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl exclude directories in command line

Hi, I use find command to list all the files in a directory and its sub-directories, but the problem is to exclude certain directories during search. Can i give the directory names in command line to skip them and search rest of the directories? For example i have directories: test ../test1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmattam
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to exclude directories and setup alias or script?

Hi, Firstly - sorry for the duplicate my other post looked like i was posting a how to for people. But i am wanting some help :P I want to search from / to find files and exclude my mounted ntfs drives. I have found this thread (Which I can't post the URL to until i have 5 posts) it's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightymouse2045
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

7. AIX

Exclude Directories in my tar command

Hi, im having some issues after i execute the next command: tar -cvf /varios/restore/test.tar -X /jfma/test1/excludefile /jfma | gzip -c > /varios/restore/test.tar.gz this creates the desired "test.tar.gz" file, but whe i try to open it it says "tar: 0511-164 There is a media read or write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude directories in FIND command

Can you please help tweak the below command to exclude all directories with the name "logs" and "tmp" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.tar*" ! -name "*.bkp*" \) -exec /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -i "user_1" /dev/null {} + >result.out bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Tar Ball command to exclude directories

Hi, uname -a SunOS mymac 5.11 11.2 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise I need to tar a folder /tmp/moht but do not want these three folders to be included in the tar file -> savejpg, bmpsave and imgsave I tried --exclude, -path, -not options but it says bad option Can you help me with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)													      MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

mssql_fetch_field - Get field information

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_field(3) can be used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field that was not yet retrieved by this function is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information. The properties of the object are: o name - column name. if the column is a result of a function, this property is set to computed#N, where #N is a serial number. o column_source - the table from which the column was taken o max_length - maximum length of the column o numeric - 1 if the column is numeric o type - the column type. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_field(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information $field = mssql_fetch_field($query, $i); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)