Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to insert variable file into another, bit like C's #include Post 302445152 by cvq on Saturday 14th of August 2010 06:27:11 AM
Old 08-14-2010
Well I've written a little C++ program to do the includes - bit OTT but I understand that better than most scripts.

Did that before seeing your last post Corona688 - bit of a worry you found SSI so inconsistent. Will have to have a think about that.

Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing both 8-bit and 16-bit data to a file

I'm writing both 8-bit and wide 16-bit data to the screen and an output file. I have no problems with writing out to the screen - for example: cout<<8-bit data; wcout<<16-bit data; Similarly, I have used ofstream for 8-bit and wofstream for 16-bit, for example: ofstream out; wofstream wout;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include header file in b-sh script

I'm new in this. In C/C++, you define variables in one header file & then simply include it in any files where those variables are referenced. I tried to include a header named DefineVars- which initializes all the globals- but when I add the line "DefineGlobals" at the begining of another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a variable in the last column of a file

i want to insert a variable in the last column of a file, the columns are separated by "|". I want to insert the variable in everyline of the file . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert line into file using variable

Hi all, I am trying to insert couple of lines before first occurance of line3 which occuring after line 5. So I identified the line 5 line number in the file. Also redirected the all line3 line number to out.txt. Now I have problem in inserting the line using the variable $rep. Please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimmanuel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text into file depending on variable

Hey guys , i have a variable with the contents ... NUMBER=4 and a test file with the contents 1248 1213 1214 1278 1200 3045 3444 2130 I want to execute a script that will produce the following output ( based on NUMBER=4) to be ... create 1248 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theshams
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to include filename with variations at the beginning of the file

Hi there, I have a bunch of files that I want to modify. As a beginner, but nevertheless enthusiast, in the use of the shell I want to create a script enabling me to modify those files quickly. I had only some partial success with various peaces of scripts but I would like to create one script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamzesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert variable date (monthly) from SQL script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable to an sql scipt? Basically I want to generate data on monthly (i.e. July 01, 2011 to July 31, 2011) basis. As shown below.. set head off; set linesize 300; set pagesize 200; spool /opt/oracle/temp/output.txt select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a variable to a text file after fixed number of lines

Hi, I am new to unix. I need to insert a variable which contains some lines of text into a text file after fixed number of lines.. Please help me on this.. Thanks in Advance, Amrutha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr89
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of env variable in xml file

Hello, I have the following variables set in my env echo $MY_XSD_FILE /home/jak/sample.xsd echo $MY_INTERVAL_VALUE 4 I want to insert them between the xml tags in my xml file cat sample.xml ::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: <property name="FILE"></property> :::::::::::::::::::::::... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash: Insert in a variable a file

hi all i have a problem in the bash shell. i'd like insert in a variable a file for example : i have a file datafine.log in this file there is : 17/JUN/2019 i want to insert the value of datafine.log in a variable. Regards Frncesco edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for your data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies
RLMGR(1)						      Quick Database Manager							  RLMGR(1)

NAME
rlmgr - administration utility for QDBM Relic SYNOPSIS
rlmgr create name rlmgr store [-kx] [-vx|-vf] [-insert] name key val rlmgr delete [-kx] name key rlmgr fetch [-kx] [-ox] [-n] name key rlmgr list [-ox] name DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rlmgr commands. rlmgr is a utility for debugging Relic and its applications. It features editing and checking of a database. It can be used for database applications with shell scripts. This command is used in the above format. name specifies a database name. key specifies the key of a record. val specifies the value of a record. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the file:///usr/share/doc/qdbm-doc/spex.html#reliccli. -kx treat key as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -vx treat val as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -vf read the value from a file specified with val. -insert specify the storing mode for `DBM_INSERT'. -ox treat the output as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -n do not output the tailing newline. SEE ALSO
qdbm(3), relic(3). AUTHOR
QDBM was written by Mikio Hirabayashi <mikio@fallabs.com>. This manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Man Page 2005-05-23 RLMGR(1)