Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C and Perl in unix
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? C and Perl in unix Post 302445151 by figaro on Saturday 14th of August 2010 06:15:00 AM
Old 08-14-2010
If the background of your question is job prospects then I can say that one is not preferable over the other. Programming languages lend from each other, so by knowing one, you will more easily grasp another. Software developers become valuable when they can understand a problem or a design and think of it in technical terms, is familiar with debugging, understands implementation issues, can document their code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix command in Perl

Hi, I have a perl script. It needs to open a file but the file that it will open will depend on the result of a unix command "tail -1". How can I do that in perl, to open a file which is the results from a unix command? Thanks in advance! Hope you can help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[PERL] Running unix commands within Perl Scripts

I understand that in order to run basic unix commands I would normally type at the prompt, I would have to use the following format system(ls -l); or exec(ls -l); But when I actually try to use the command, the script fails to compile and keeps telling me there is an error with this line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userix
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute in unix not in PERL

Hi All, This below command is working fine with unix box. However i could not able to run it in PERL. kidly suggest??? perl -ne '{push @x, $_}END{pop(@x); print @x}' create2.txt (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: adaleru
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Spreadsheet on Perl in UNIX

Very new to UNIX, so still getting used to all this. I made a Perl script where I want to create a spreadsheet file when extracting "data" from a text file. Now, this works perfectly fine on my Windows OS since I'm using the Win32 libraries with Microsoft Excel, but when I want to try it out on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value from unix to perl

Hi All I got stuck in an issue, and i want help from you guys. The issue is-: I have two scripts one is call.sh(written in Unix) and another one is called.pl(written in Perl). What i do is i invoke the script call.sh and inside of call.sh the Perl script is called called.pl. There is some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix perl scripting

Hi , Could someone please help me for following script: perl -pi -e 's/\"//g' ${FILELIKE}*.csv perl -pi -e '$_ ="" if ($.==1);' ${FILELIKE}*.csv What these 2 commands are doing? Thanks, Preetpal How to use code tags (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetpalkapoor
4 Replies

9. Programming

Unix grep in perl script

Hello, Fairly simple really I have an xml file and I want to check to see if it contains a pattern. The pattern is "../" On the command line I can type: grep "\.\./" myFile.xml and I get desired result. To do the same thing in a perl script I thought it was as simple as putting the ``... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaymoney
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX to perl

Hi, Can someone convert the code into perl ? x=(a b c) y=(d e) times=$((${#x} * ${#y})) ((xi=yi=0)) for((i=1;i<=times;i++,xi++,yi++)) do if((xi>${#x}-1));then xi=0;fi if((yi>${#y}-1));then yi=0;fi print ${x},${y} done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies
SQLITEBROWSER(1)					      General Commands Manual						  SQLITEBROWSER(1)

NAME
sqlitebrowser - light GUI editor for SQLite databases SYNOPSIS
sqlitebrowser [file] DESCRIPTION
SQLite Database Browser is a visual tool used to create, design and edit database files compatible with SQLite. It is meant to be used for users and developers that want to create databases, edit and search data using a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, without the need to learn complicated SQL commands. SEE ALSO
SQLitebrowser's home page: http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/. AUTHOR
sqlitebrowser was developed originally by Mauricio Piacentini from Tabuleiro Producoes. Icons were contributed by Raquel Ravanini, also from Tabuleiro. Jens Miltner contributed the code to support SQLite 3.x databases for the 1.2 release. In the spirit of the original SQLite source files, the authors disclaim copyright to this source code. It may be used as the basis for other programs, public domain, open source or commercial. Do whatever you want with it. This manual page was written by Francois Fevotte <francois.fevotte@ensta.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. August 4, 2007 SQLITEBROWSER(1)