Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX DR Recovery
Operating Systems AIX AIX DR Recovery Post 302445116 by mk8570 on Friday 13th of August 2010 10:57:15 PM
Old 08-13-2010
AIX DR Recovery

I will be going for a DR test next month and have few concerns regarding restoring user vg's

System which will be restored is on P750 (AIX 6.1) and the DR hdwr is P570.

I do have bootable mksysb of the system and also have savevg (with no data) using "savevg -r -f " for the user volume groups on the rootvg.

I am fine with restoring mksysb to recover the OS and rootvg.

My concern is regarding the user vg's. We have aroung 25 - 30 hdisks across 3 user vg's .

Question : Do i need to have the same number of hdisks and sizes to be allocated to the server at the DR site. ? or I need to modify the save vg data accordingly ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Please Tell Me About Disaster Recovery

please tell me if this thinkin is correct, if not, please corret me: disaster recovery means when something bad happens and you need to retrieved a backed up file, all you have to do is cd into the tape drive and then look for the file you want and extract it from the drive. is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disaster Recovery

Can anyone tell me of what to expect? I've been nominated to join a team of unix admins to do a DR testing. we already have the guys who are gono be doing the restores. besides the restore, anybody know what else to look forward to?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Programming

C Code recovery

Hai, Is there any tool available to get back the C code from an executable file in solaris. Accidentally the program was deleted by somebody. We need to recover the code since it has to be implemented on another system. I copied that executable and tried to execute it on another solaris machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smvel
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Disaster Recovery

Recovering Solaris to an alternate server I was just wondering if anyone could give me some points on restoring a Solaris 9 backup to an alternate server. Basically, we use netbackup 6 and I was wondering what the best procedures are for doing this? What things do we need to take into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
3 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

password recovery

hello, my password got lost - and your service to generate new passwords does not work -ive tried it out 50 times the last week or so, never got a single mail from it... please generate a new password for my account "congo" with mailadress. thanks. Thomas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo00000001
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX disaster recovery

Are there any products out there that provide a disk imaging solution for AIX (and HPUX and Solaris for that matter)? In a development environment where users are looking to restore an OS quickly back to a certain point in time, what is there available for this besides opening up the system,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Password Recovery

Perderabo has made posted a good thread in the FAQ section here: Lost root password / Can't login as root | Unix Linux Forums | Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX?

is it possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiyas
2 Replies
vgrestore(1M)															     vgrestore(1M)

NAME
vgrestore - restore a VxVM disk group back to an LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vgrestore vg_name DESCRIPTION
The vgrestore command restores a Logical Volume Manager (LVM) volume group that was previously converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvm- convert utility. ARGUMENTS
vg_name Specifies the name of a volume group that was converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvmconvert utility. EXIT CODES
vgrestore exits with one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. >0 Failure; an error occurred. WARNINGS
vgrestore functions only on VxVM disk groups that were converted from LVM volume groups by the vxvmconvert command. It is a good idea to back up user data before running vgrestore, and restore it after the vgrestore completes, as vgrestore can only restore a logical volume back to the state it was in before conversion to VxVM. If data changed on the volume while it was a VxVM volume, the changes won't be reflected on the volume after being restored to LVM. As part of the original conversion process, applications that once referenced the now-converted LVM volume's path names may have changed to reference VxVM volume special device file names. Alternatively, special device file path names originally representing the now-converted LVM volumes may have changed to symbolic links pointing to the VxVM volume path names. Be sure to undo these actions when restoring back to LVM. Do not use vgrestore unless you are certain that you want to restore LVM volume groups. After vgrestore this is run, the VxVM disks will no longer exist. EXAMPLES
To restore the LVM volume group vg03 that was converted by vxvmconvert to the VxVM disk group dg03, enter: vgcfgrestore vg03 SEE ALSO
vxvmconvert(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Migration Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vgrestore(1M)