Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu [UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!! Post 302445100 by mark54g on Friday 13th of August 2010 06:51:23 PM
Old 08-13-2010
Is there anything in the /etc/exports on your NFS server? Also, you mention SAMBA and NFS, are you sure you are using NFS on your RH machine and not mounting it via CIFS?

What directory were you in when you issued the command?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unusual NFS mount problem on only ONE client: Red Hat WS Rel 3

This is an unusual situation where I have an NFS server currently serving out MULTIPLE clients over several variants of Linux and UNIX successfully (world permissions) except for a SINGLE client. Even the other Linux (SuSE) clients in the same room are mounting successfully with defaults without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelpert1
6 Replies

2. Ubuntu

make Ubuntu and Red Hat boot partitions

Is it possible to make multiboot partitions of Ubuntu and red hat Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

WGET in Ubuntu( vistual img ) vs Red Hat

Hi I need to fetch a file using wget command. In read Hat I have the file I need without any problem while in Ubuntu ( installed on a virtual image ) it doesn't work. More precisely my wget need to fetch a page from a web site with secure authentication so teh syntax I am using is wget... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

"ERROR : failed to mount nfs source" Red Hat Kickstart

Hi There, I have been googling for this error and try solution provided but still not avail to resolve Kickstart Issue. Any expert have encounter this problem? Thanks. Regards, Regmaster (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

ufsdump from Solaris to ubuntu fails with bad file descriptor

Hi All I have a dedicated backup server running ubuntu 10.04, which has recently been rebuilt (same OS, just different h/w) This is used to receive ufsdump output from a number of Solaris servers, using the following syntax: ufsdump 1uf :/path/to/backup/file /fs/to/be/backed/up This has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: in2deep
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Red Hat and Ubuntu shell scripting

Are basic scripts in awk or bash or perl or other shell scripting languages the same in RHEL red hat as ubuntu? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
SHOWMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      SHOWMOUNT(8)

NAME
showmount -- show remote NFS mounts on host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-Ae36] [-a | -d] [host] DESCRIPTION
showmount shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted on the host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC 1094, Appendix A, and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification, Appendix I, for a detailed description of the protocol. -A Search for NFS servers advertised via Bonjour. -a List all mount points in the form: host:dirpath -d List directory paths of mount points instead of hosts. -e Show the host's exports list. -3 Use mount protocol Version 3, compatible with NFS Version 3. -6 Use only IPv6 addresses to contact servers. SEE ALSO
mount(1), mountd(8), nfsd(8), mDNSResponder(8) BUGS
The mount daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only display the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. HISTORY
The showmount utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution September 26, 2010 4th Berkeley Distribution