Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command : To print the output to a file Post 302444932 by Klashxx on Friday 13th of August 2010 07:47:32 AM
Old 08-13-2010
r u on solaris? use then nawk..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using awk or sed to print output from one file

dear i have one file regarding >abshabja>sdksjbs>sknakna>snajxcls so i want to be output like >abshabja >sjkabjb >sknakna >snajxcls Any using awk or sed will help thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk {print $NF} output??

Hi, I am trying to debug an old script and have found the problem lies within this function: isIdoc() { # validate the file type fileType=`file $1 | awk '{print $NF}'` && echo 0 || echo 1 } My question is, how can I determine what is in the variable $fileType ? The program is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vervette
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare flat files and print output to another file

Hello, I am strugling from quite a some time to compare flat files with over 1 million records could anyone please help me. I want to compare two pipe delimited flat files, file1 with file2 and output the unmatched rows from file2 in file3 Sample File1: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhaeb
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

taking the output of awk command to a new file

cat doc | nawk -v da="${date}" '$23>199 {print $0 > "doc"+da+".txt"}' Every time(need to run every day) i run this, i want to a create a new file "doc_01 Aug.txt". Basically, i want to create a new file with date appended in it. The above command is creating a file with name "0".... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagar11
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with file output awk sed command - please

Hi I have a file that contains lines starting with a particular string plus a Colon: I need to output all these lines but only what comes after the colon Can you pelase assist? Example of lines in the file: com.ubs.f35.cashequities/cashequities: 1 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print column details from fixed width file using awk command

hi, i have a fixed width file with multiple columns and need to print data using awk command. i use: awk -F "|" '($5 == BH) {print $1,$2,$3}' <non_AIM target>.txt for a delimiter file. but now i have a fixed width file like below: 7518 8269511BH 20141224951050N8262 11148 8269511BH... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcdg859
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print field from lookup file in output

The below awk uses $3 and $4 in search as the min and max, then takes each $2 value in lookup and compares it. If the value in lookupfalls within the range in searchthen it prints the entire line in lookup/ICODE]. What I can't seem to figure out is how to print the matching $5 from search on that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)