Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to create script which reade values from csv Post 302444907 by Franklin52 on Friday 13th of August 2010 06:42:58 AM
Old 08-13-2010
Duplicate post, please continue here:

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...using-awk.html

Thread closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare two csv files values and write into another csv file

Hi all, Am new to scripting. So i just need your ideas to help me out. Here goes my requirement. I have two csv files 1.csv 2.csv abc,1.24 abc,1 def,2.13 def,1 I need to compare the first column of 1.csv with 2.csv and if matches then need to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnahyd
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create csv file using shell script

I have a file in multiple directory which has some records in the following format File: a/latest.txt , b/latest.txt, c/latest.txt -> Name=Jhon Age=27 Gender=M Street=LA Road Occupation=Service I want to generate a csv file from the above file as follows File: output.csv -> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjk2504
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

4. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiline csv cell through shell script?

Hi, I have a text like the one given below status="Observation 1" read1="Source rows not load" read2="Score drop" I want to create a csv and mail it out in such a way that all three lines will be in a single cell but as three lines. For ex Col C1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a CSV file

I created a script that will go out and so a "/sbin/chkconfig --list | egrep XXX" against a server list that would create an output file like the following example: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SERVER1 RC_Script_1 0:off 1:off 2:off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for extracting data from csv file based on column values.

Hi all, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi, i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to fetch values in csv

I need to fetch below values from this file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nit42
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)