Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help Urgent AIX Hang
Operating Systems AIX Need Help Urgent AIX Hang Post 302444828 by zaxxon on Friday 13th of August 2010 01:27:51 AM
Old 08-13-2010
You got a PM how to post urgent questions in the future.
It looks like Paging Space was full and so there has been some killing so that memory could be freed. After reboot you have only some time until this happens again.
To prevent this for the future please post following info along the output of following commands:
  • What kind of application is running on this box?
Code:
oslevel -s
lsattr -El mem0
vmo -x| grep -iE "repage|maxperm%|maxclient%|minperm%"
vmstat -v
vmstat -s| grep space

The errpt entries with LVM_SA_STALEPP could point to some problem with mirrored LV copies. Maybe check with lsvg <vgname> if your VGs still have some stale partitions and try fixing it with syncvg.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.1.5/RS6000 boot hang, help requested

Hello there! I have a RS-6000 7043-140 machine with AIX version 4.1.5, that is working for almost 8 years now. It has a tty monitor. My problem started when I upgraded my machine to install a gxt250 graphics adapter card together with a 15" AOC VGA Monitor, logitech keyboard and mouse, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Urgent...FTP unable finish download file, hang half way

Hi all, I have 1 problem in my solaris 8 server. The problem is in every nite that will run a cron job to download file from external ftb server. This crob job starter running find, but after running for 4 minute, that ftp services is hang that, until we need kill this process. My question... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foongkt5220
3 Replies

3. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

4. AIX

how to up the aix machine when the desktop was hang

Hi all, My AIX machine desktop was hanged. What to do. please help me. It's very urgent. Thank's & regards, Balaraju. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balarajum
7 Replies

5. AIX

URGENT: zip utility on AIX 5.x

Do you know where can I find the 'zip' binary utility for AIX 5.x ? I have the zip-2.3.0.0.bff file, but I don't have root access and I want to test the 'zip' utility. Thank you !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: V3l0
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing hang processes (AIX)

Hi Guys, Just wondering if I have a child process which is basically hanging and I can see that is on sleep or wait mode if I want to remove/terminate this process , the signal has to come from its parent I assume. The reason I'm asking this is because I'm facing a db2 hang situation and we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

7. AIX

Port hang issue in AIX Version 5.3

On AIX platform we are having Weblogic 8.1 as the middleware for an application. The application is deployed in Weblogic on AIX platform and the server is having 2 dedicated listening ports for any incoming requests. Output for netstat -an command for the port 30001 is as follows:- tcp4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: subharai
7 Replies

8. AIX

DNS is hang in AIX 6.1

Guy's I have configured DNS like the below but I faced another issue ! nameserver 172.18.14.7 nameserver 172.18.14.8 domain domain.com When I ping any Host from the server itself its replaying me the IP of that hosts that's mean DNS is working fain but when I try to ftp or telnet... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
8 Replies

9. AIX

Python on AIX-Need urgent Help

Hi Experts, I am new to python and AIX. I am trying to install Python 2.7 or python 3.2 on AIX 7.1 but getting the bellow error. could you please let me know how to resolve this. Note: Same has been installed on Linux Redhat successfully. $ ./configure --enable-shared ##... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tamil_Arasan
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)