Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Specifying a range within case/esac Post 302444773 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of August 2010 06:33:39 PM
Old 08-12-2010
Looking through man date, I don't see that it has that option.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to break within a case/esac and stay in script

Wrote the following loop to but if I use exit, then I break entirely from my script, but instead I want to break from the case/esac and go to the next line in my script. I guess I need to know how to exit gracefully from a "while (true). Also, how can I allow the user to enter upper or lowercase... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a case statement with a range of numbers

Hey guys, I'm trying to setup a case statement that checks a value against 5 separate ranges of numbers. Here are the things I've tried with no success. case "$AGE" in "<10") echo "You're in this decade.";; "") echo "You're in this decade.";; "") echo "You're in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fufaso
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case -- esac number of arguments problem

hi Scripting experts, I am using case..esac in my script .. I have given 6 option..e.g. 1 2 3 4 5 and *, howerver my script works welll for 1st 4 options but for 5 it considers * and exists. Is there a maximum limit on number of options given for case ..esac? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdgawande
1 Replies
MAN(1)							      General Commands Manual							    MAN(1)

NAME
man, lookman - print or find pages of this manual SYNOPSIS
man [ option ... ] [ section ... ] title ... lookman key ... DESCRIPTION
Man locates and prints pages of this manual named title in the specified sections. Title is given in lower case. Each section is a num- ber; pages marked (2S), for example, belong to chapter 2. If no section is specified, pages in all sections are printed. Any name from the NAME section at the top of the page will serve as a title. The options are: -p Run proof(1) on the specified man pages. -t Run troff and send its output to standard output. -n (Default) Print the pages on the standard output using nroff. Lookman prints the names of all manual sections that contain all of the key words given on the command line. FILES
/sys/man/?/* troff source for manual; this page is /sys/man/1/man /sys/man/?/INDEX indices searched to find pages corresponding to titles /sys/lib/man/secindex command to make an index for a given section /sys/lib/man/lookman/index index for lookman SOURCE
/rc/bin/man /rc/bin/lookman SEE ALSO
proof(1) BUGS
The manual was intended to be typeset; some detail is sacrificed on text terminals. There is no automatic mechanism to keep the indices up to date. Except for special cases, it doesn't recognize things that should be run through tbl and/or eqn. MAN(1)