Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unusual Behavior?
Operating Systems HP-UX Unusual Behavior? Post 302444727 by citaylor on Thursday 12th of August 2010 03:41:24 PM
Old 08-12-2010
I dont believe there are any limitations for "ls" on HP-UX 11.00. I have successfully created 50,000 files in a dir and "ls" them. Are you trying to use a wildcard with "ls" ? If this is the case, then the shell will indeed have a maximum argument length.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting an unusual file

Hi everyone, I was doing some practising with Unix and accidentally created a file with the name -------------------- Yeah, it was UNINTENTIONALLY. I tried removing it various ways like rm '--------------' rm '-.*' and all other sorts, but Unix keeps detecting that as an option stuff... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scmay
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O Net I/O... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
1 Replies

3. Programming

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

very unusual question about while

is there anyway to make while run a command faster than per second? timed=60 while do command sleep 1 done i need something that can run a script for me more than one time in one second. can someone help me out here? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

5. Programming

C Calender Help - Unusual error

I'm making a program that you input the month and year, and it creates a calender for that month of that year. This is my largest project yet, and I broke it up into several source files. cal.c #include "cal.h" #include <stdio.h> main() { int month, year; scanf("%d %d", &month,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unusual problem with cp command

I have made a simple script to zip a file then first copy it to a specific directory using cp command then move it to another directory. Files are getting generated at regular intervals in the dir. /one/two/three/four/. I have entry of my script in cron to run after every 2 min. #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual output of sed

i have a sed command that is looking for the workds OK, WARNING and CRITICAL and add html color to those words. e.g: echo $CONSUMABLE |$SED s/OK./\<span\ style\=\"background-color\:green\;font-weight\:bold\;\"\>OK\<\\\/span\>/g the output breaks every so often and changes my output as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: adispi
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script unusual behavior

Hello, I have noticed some unusual behavior while running the script. when i use below script it gives output 355.23 #!/bin/bash ONEDAY=`date +%Y%m%d --date="1 days ago"` cat /opt/occ/var/performance/counters_`date -d "1 day ago" +%Y%m%d`*|grep "Gy,Gy-Gy-CCR"|awk -F"," '{print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies
GCAL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GCAL(1)

NAME
Gcal - a program for calculating and printing calendars. SYNOPSIS
gcal [[Option...] [%Date] [@File...]] [Command] DESCRIPTION
Gcal is a program similar the standard calendar programs BSD-`cal' and `calendar'. Gcal displays hybrid and proleptic Julian and Gregorian calendar sheets, respectively, for one month, three months or a whole year. It also displays eternal holiday lists for many countries around the globe, and features a very powerful creation of fixed date lists that can be used for reminding purposes. Gcal can calculate various astronomical data and times of the Sun and the Moon for at pleasure any loca- tion, precisely enough for most civil purposes. Gcal supports some other calendar systems, for example the Chinese and Japanese calendar, the Hebrew calendar and the civil Islamic calendar, too. If Gcal is started without any options or commands, a calendar of the current month is displayed. If the calendar of a definite year is wanted, the year must be fully specified, e.g.: gcal 94 displays a year calendar of the year 94, not of the year 1994. If two arguments are given in the command part, the first argument denotes the month and the second argument denotes the year. In case any illegal commands are given running Gcal , the program will use internal defaults. MORE PROGRAM INFORMATION
You obtain more program information if you start Gcal as follows: gcal -h gcal -? gcal --help respectively, gcal -hh gcal -?? gcal --long-help[=ARG]|[=?] gcal --usage[=ARG]|[=?] A Hypertext file gcal.info containing detailed online information should be available, which you can inspect using your GNU Infobrowser. COPYRIGHT
Gcal Copyright (c) 1994, 95, 96, 1997, 2000 Thomas Esken This software doesn't claim completeness, correctness or usability. On principle I will not be liable for any damages or losses (implicit or explicit), which result from using or handling my software. If you use this software, you agree without any exception to this agree- ment, which binds you LEGALLY !! Gcal is free software and distributed under the terms of the `GNU General Public License'; published by the `Free Software Foundation'; version 2 or (at your option) any later version. Any suggestions, improvements, extensions, bug reports, donations, proposals for contract work, and so forth are welcome! If you like this tool, I'd appreciate a postcard from you! Enjoy it =8^) AUTHOR
------------------------oOO \\_''/ OOo--------------------------- Thomas Esken O (/o-o) O eMail: esken@gmx.net Im Hagenfeld 84 (( ^ )) Phone: +49 251 232585 D-48147 Muenster; Germany \____) ~ (____/ MotD : 2old2live, 2young2die SEE ALSO
tcal(1), txt2gcal(1), gcal2txt(1), cal(1), calendar(1). June 14, 2000 GCAL(1)