Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting HELP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting HELP Post 302444715 by sam127 on Thursday 12th of August 2010 03:02:01 PM
Old 08-12-2010
The. Outcome are the others lIsted below the first set.thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need immediate help with sorting!!!

hey, I have a file that looks smthng like this: /*--- abcd_0050 ---*/ asdfjk adsfkja lkjljgafsd /*---abcd_0005 ---*/ lkjkljbfkgj ldfksjgf dfkgfjb /*-- abcd_0055--*/ klhfdghd dflkjgd jfdg I would like it to be sorted so that it looks like this: /*---abcd_0005 ---*/ lkjkljbfkgj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasuke_uchiha
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting help

how can i sort the next list just by look at the numbers (ignore letters) example: abc123 dff4f aaa2aa bbbb55555bb output: aaa2aa dff4f abc123 bbbb55555bb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting help

i have list of files: Wang De Wong CVPR 09.pdf Yaacob AFGR 99 Second edition.pdf Shimon CVPR 01.pdf Den CCC 97 long one.pdf Ronald De Bour CSPP 04.pdf ..... how can i sort this directory so the output will be in the next format: <year>\t<conference/journal>\t<author list> - t is tab (its... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sorting help

i have list of files: Wang De Wong CVPR 09.pdf Yaacob AFGR 99 Second edition.pdf Shimon CVPR 01.pdf Den CCC 97 long one.pdf Ronald De Bour CSPP 04.pdf ..... how can i sort this directory so the output will be in the next format: <year>\t<conference/journal>\t<author list> - t is tab (its... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting

Let's say that I have a database that I call part ID. This database has the following grouping: Dart1=4 Dart2=8 Dart3=12 Fork1=68 Fork2=72 Fork3=64 Bike1=28 Bike2=24 Bike3=20 Car1=44 Car2=40 Car3=36 I want to write a program that would read this database and tell me when the... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP on sorting

hi everyone, I am kind of new to this forum. I need help in sorting this data out accordingly, I am actually doing a traceroute application and wants my AS path displayed in front of my address like this; 192.168.1.1 AS28513 AS65534 AS5089 AS5089 .... till the last AS number and if possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam127
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HELP on sorting

hi everyone, I am kind of new to this forum. I need help in sorting this data out accordingly, I am actually doing a traceroute application and wants my AS path displayed in front of my address like this; 192.168.1.1 AS28513 AS65534 AS5089 AS5089 .... till the last AS number and if possible... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting

Hi all, Does anyone can help me the following question? I would like to write an AWK script. In the following input file, each number in "start" is paired with numbers in column "end". No Start End A 22,222,33,22,1233,3232,44 555,333,222,55,1235,3235,66... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting help

Hi, Please i need help in writing an 'awk' script in sorting the following data; traceroute6 to 2001:1ba0:2a0:5965:0:30:24:1 (2001:1ba0:2a0:5965:0:30:24:1) from 2001:418:1::62, 64 hops max, 16 byte packets 1 2001:418:1::4 0.342 ms 2 2001:418:1::1 0.630 ms 3 2001:504:16::1b1b 0.393 ms 4... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting

Hii guys, I need to sort my file and remove duplicates before writing to another file. The first line in the file are column names. I dont want this line to be sorted and should always be the first line in the output. sort -u file.txt > file1.txt. is the command that i am using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: just4u_sharath
4 Replies
audtrail(1m)															      audtrail(1m)

NAME
audtrail - A dcecp object that converts the audit trail into a readable format SYNOPSIS
audtrail help [operation | -verbose] audtrail operations audtrail show audit_trail_file_name_list [-to filename] ARGUMENTS
A list of one or more names of audit trail files. The names are not the full pathnames, but only the residual file name. The name of the audtrail operation for which to display help information. DESCRIPTION
The audtrail object represents an audit trail file. This command currently supports only one operation, which converts the audit trail into a human readable format. OPERATIONS
audtrail help Returns help information about the audtrail object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: audtrail help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the audtrail object. Used without an argument or option, the audtrail help command returns brief information about each audtrail operation. The optional opera- tion argument is the name of an operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option for more detailed information about the audtrail object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the audtrail help command. Examples dcecp> audtrail help show Returns or files the contents of an audit trail file. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid operations for this command. dcecp> audtrail operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the audtrail object. The syntax is as follows: audtrail operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the audtrail operations command. Examples dcecp> audtrail operations show help operations dcecp> audtrail show Returns the audit trail in a readable format. The syntax is as follows: audtrail show audit_trail_file_name_list [-to filename] Options Specifies the name of the file in which to store the audit trail output. The show operation returns the audit trail in a readable format. This command takes as an argument a list of names of audit trail files. If more than one name is given, the output of each audit trail is concatenated and a blank line inserted between audit trails. The -to option specifies a destination filename for the trail. If this option is not present, the trail is returned from the command. If the option is present, this operation returns an empty string. Because audit trail files can grow quite large, using the -to switch is strongly recommended to avoid reading the entire trail into memory. Note that when dcecp processes output, it sends the entire set of returned information to an internal buffer before displaying it. There- fore, when the output is directed to the screen, it can take a long time to appear. Privileges Required You must have r (read) permission on the audit trail file on the local file system. Examples dcecp> audtrail show my_trail --- Start of an event record --- Event Number: 259 Client: /.../stp.gburg.ibm.com/hosts/drinkernisti/self Event Outcome: success Authorization Status: Authorized with a pac Local Time: 1993-12-19-19:02:27.037-05:00I----- --- End of an event record --- . . . --- Start of an event record --- Event Number: 266 Client: /.../stp.gburg.ibm.com/hosts/drinkernisti/self Event Out- come: success Authorization Status: Authorized with a pac Local Time: 1993-12-19-19:02:28.819-05:00I----- --- End of an event record --- dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: auditd(1m), dcecp(1m), dcecp_aud(1m), dcecp_audevents(1m), dcecp_audfilter(1m). Files: aud_audit_events(5), dts_audit_events(5), event_class(5), sec_audit_events(5). audtrail(1m)