Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container Post 302444625 by jlliagre on Thursday 12th of August 2010 09:34:01 AM
Old 08-12-2010
"rcapstat" and "prstat -Z" might help understanding your memory usage.

To know what is your page size, you simply run the "pagesize" command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BOX Status with vmstat & top Solaris 2.8

Hi there, I´m trying to get the information of vmstat & top in two different logfiles. That not that difficult. vmstat 30 >> myfile.log top >> myfile2.log But I also like to include a timestamp every 30 sec to be sure from what date the logs are. For the Top command I were able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isacs
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get system memory usage like top

Hello all im working on sunos machine that dont have the top installed and can't be install , now i need to get information similar to what top gives me about the cpu usage and so can it be done somehow else where ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How can I get memory usage or anything that show memory used from sar file?

Refer from title: How can i get memory used or anything that can show memory from sar file example on solaris:- we can use sar with option to show memory used at time that sar crontab run. on HP-UX, it not has option to see memory used. But i think it may be have some parameter or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panithat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Free memory in top and prstat command

Hi Export, i execute 'top' command to show the free memory in Solaris host, but the read is much lower than the RSS value shown in prstat command. Which one can reflect the real status and it is possible the difference caused by any patch of OS? Top command (only 883 memory is free)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eiga
3 Replies

5. Solaris

HELP - memory usage on Solaris : ps -efl and top

Hi all, OS Version: SunOS <hostname> 5.10 Generic_142900-13 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6340 I need some expert guidance on investigating memory usage on Solaris. I want to know whether am interpreting the output from ps -efl correctly and whether the command top is showing the right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory usage in a Solaris Container

Hi All, We have a server with Solaris 10 installed. The total memory of the server is 64GB. In order to check the memory info of the server I use "top" utility that gives me total and free memory in real-time. I have also installed a Sun container (non-global zone) on top of parent operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Differences of Solaris zone and Solaris Container

Hi everyone! I am in dire need to know what are the differences between a solaris zone and a solaris container.. Explanations over the net are very confusing. Please help. Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
8 Replies

8. AIX

memory usage with vmstat

Hi Admins, Management asked me to submit last 3 months memory usage as part of quaterly capacity report.Last month only we have configured monitoring tool.So i cant use the tool to obtain the data.What i have is vmstat output for the last 3 months. How can i calculate memory usage using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newaix
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swap usage by top and free command doesn't match

Its rather confusing, the output of top command is below: The "swap" field of top is described by the manpage as: "The swapped out portion of a task's total virtual memory image." But the output of free command suggests something else and it does tally with the output of swapon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

One script for Linux Monitoring-free, sar, vmstat, mpstat

HI , I am wrirting a script for checking the performance monitoring on Linux System when my application is running. I have to run a test for 30 minutes on some server and while the test is running i have to capture the perfromance metrics of Linux through vmstat , sar, mpstat, free. here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
3 Replies
pagesize(1)							   User Commands						       pagesize(1)

NAME
pagesize - display the size or sizes of a page of memory SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pagesize [-a] DESCRIPTION
The pagesize utility prints the default size of a page of memory in bytes, as returned by getpagesize(3C). This program is useful in con- structing portable shell scripts. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Prints out all possible hardware address translation sizes supported by the system. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ppgsz(1), getpagesize(3C), getpagesizes(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 May 2001 pagesize(1)