Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find the user of a file and permissions Post 302444571 by methyl on Thursday 12th of August 2010 06:51:29 AM
Old 08-12-2010
Assuming you use a Bourne-type shell and that a.txt is a normal unix format text file with each line containing only a filename.

Code:
cat a.txt | while read filename
do
       ls -lad "${filename}"
done

Or

Code:
while read filename
do
      ls -lad "${filename}"
done < a.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find permissions/roles/priveleges of User

Hello Everyone, if we log on to unix server how do we find that what permissions/roles and priveleges are assigned to any particular user. Here i am not talking about the file permissions. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hardesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a user's file permissions

Hi. I would like to know if there is any command that could list simple file permissions (like , R , RW..etc) for a given uid/userid and on a given file/dir. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram123
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permissions to create log file from script

hi all, have a script which i am using to generate a log file. i use "touch out.log" command to create the file and later on i want to echo lines to this file. for some reason it keeps giving me this error when i try and create the file ; touch: out.log cannot create i have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check file permissions from a script.

hello, I have to write a script to run the other script inside it.So iam planning to write like this? first check the perimissions of the file. Alogorthim ---------- if(!filepermissions == execute) then echo" Permissions denined" else execute the script. file name is : load_mf.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permissions for particular user

Hi, How can we assign file permissions for a purticular user, rather than giving to whole group. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permissions of a file created by another user

Hi, I have used expdp for datapump. The .dmp file is created by the "oracle" user. my requirement is to make a zipped file of this .dmp file. What i am trying to do is change the permissions of this .dmp file from 0640 to 0644 and then do a gzip and zip it. Is there any way i can change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to give a user sudo permissions

Can some one please let me know a script which gives the user sudo permissions? Thanks in advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revanth547
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script for adding users to file permissions

I need a script to add the following two users ids to the permissions for various files: IIS_WPG and IUSR_CowGirl. I am fairly familiar with scripting but haven't been able to figure out how to do this via a script. Manually doing it is slow. I don't want to create users but only add them to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stu Loventhal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for adding users to file permissions

I need a script to add the following two users ids to the permissions for various files: IIS_WPG and IUSR_CowGirl. I am fairly familiar with scripting but haven't been able to figure out how to do this via a script. Manually doing it is slow. I don't want to create users but only add them to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stu Loventhal
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script without execute permissions will work for a user?

Please help me to understand the issue: Issue: There are shell scripts in a user home directory (/home/user_1) without execute permissions (rw-r--r--) to owner,group and world These shell scripts were able to execute/work previously but its not working now and it says permission denied or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MSK_1990
2 Replies
MAILPARSE_UUDECODE_ALL(3)						 1						 MAILPARSE_UUDECODE_ALL(3)

mailparse_uudecode_all - Scans the data from fp and extract each embedded uuencoded file

SYNOPSIS
array mailparse_uudecode_all (resource $fp) DESCRIPTION
Scans the data from the given file pointer and extract each embedded uuencoded file into a temporary file. PARAMETERS
o $fp - A valid file pointer. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of associative arrays listing filename information. +-------------+-------------------------------------------------+ | | | | filename | | | | | | | Path to the temporary file name created | | | | | | | |origfilename | | | | | | | The original filename, for uuencoded parts only | | | | +-------------+-------------------------------------------------+ The first filename entry is the message body. The next entries are the decoded uuencoded files. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mailparse_uudecode_all(3) example <?php $text = <<<EOD To: fred@example.com hello, this is some text hello. blah blah blah. begin 644 test.txt /=&AI<R!I<R!A('1E<W0* ` end EOD; $fp = tmpfile(); fwrite($fp, $text); $data = mailparse_uudecode_all($fp); echo "BODY "; readfile($data[0]["filename"]); echo "UUE ({$data[1]['origfilename']}) "; readfile($data[1]["filename"]); // Clean up unlink($data[0]["filename"]); unlink($data[1]["filename"]); ?> The above example will output: BODY To: fred@example.com hello, this is some text hello. blah blah blah. UUE (test.txt) this is a test PHP Documentation Group MAILPARSE_UUDECODE_ALL(3)