Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to change cronjob title?
Operating Systems AIX How to change cronjob title? Post 302444562 by Tytalus on Thursday 12th of August 2010 06:39:16 AM
Old 08-12-2010
If you modify your cron entry to send STDOUT and STDERR to mail, then you can specify the subject more descriptively, e.g.

Code:

15 3 * * 1-5 find $HOME-name core  2>&1 | mail -s "core-find output" <email-address>

Should do it...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Console Title

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to change the title of my console window. I don't need it to dynamically change with my current directory. I just want to be able to change the name of it, so when I minimize the window I can see which windows are for what purpose. I've tried using the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: medmonson
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Change Terminal Title

Is it possible to change the title of a Terminal window on Solaris? For example, for a MS Windows command window, one can simply type "title NameofWindow" to change the title for a command window. I was looking for similar functionality for terminal windows. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change title of aixterm window online

Is there any way to change title of aixterm window online? Also is it possible to freeze first/last few lines online? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the title bar of the terminal screen

Hi, How to change the value after the symbol '@' ? $ i.e. @mac1 I want to change it to @prod2 Also need to change the same in the title bar on the top when we open a new terminal. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change putty title name

Hello all, I have a not so unix question for you guys(or maybe it is). I use PUTTY to login to serverA (my putty title shows as serverA.domainname.com) Now from ServerA i do ssh user@ServerB (i have ssh public private key setup)... now my question is when i do ssh and logon to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob for root password change.

Hi, I am writing a cronjob which changes default root password to some designated password(set) after 15 days. The requirement for same is because i need to give application team root access for first 15 days, but after that the default password should be changed, now I want to automate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete columns with a specific title XXX, where the position change in each file

Goodmorning, I know how to cut a string and a column, and how to find a word. I have a file with over 100 columns. All columns have a title in the first line. I have to delete all columns with the XXX title. I can't use cut -f because the position of XXX columns change in each file, and in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
14 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Change title of a thread after it is created

hi, how do we change the title of a thread after it is created? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
5 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)