Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Building an operating system for senior project? Post 302444454 by kumaran_5555 on Thursday 12th of August 2010 02:05:23 AM
Old 08-12-2010
I would like to participate in this, if you would like to share you work. I have good hands on experience in C programming.

please let me know your wish.

Thanks
Kumaran

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

I need the Unix operating system on disc as im new to unix. Im studying unix and x windows next year at Sheffield University and would like to get a head start. Any suggestions would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Fabric Operating System

Would any of your gentlemen have come across a decent reference for the FOS in your wanderings? Brocade just seems to want to sell me classes and FAN books :/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building project using MAKE

Hi, I have a build script in perl to build projects in my team.It is using MakeMaker.I have a problem now.When I build a project and a tarball is created,I untar the tarball to get the files.Now the files have "rwx-r_x-r_x" permssions. While I want "rwx-rwx-rwx" for all files. i am not too sure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinavsinha
0 Replies

5. Solaris

building solaris-based enterprise router-firewall project

hi guys, its been a while since my last visit here, could not keep up the pace on this ever changing industry :) i'd just doing my home research under vmware to make a solaris-based router-firewall using zones - doing a lot of reading about zones & review solaris zone functionality. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paradise
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best Operating System

Hello All, I want to install Linux on my machine, so please tell me one thing which is the best to install- 1.)Red Hat 2.)Cent OS 3.)Red Hat 4.)Ubuntu 5.)Fedora except that if there is any please tell me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pick Operating System

Anyone know anything about "Advanced Plus Operating Environment". Preferably release 10 Revision 522Gcd probably dated 2003. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies
PESCETTI(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PESCETTI(1)

NAME
pescetti -- Pseudo-Duplimate Generator SYNOPSIS
pescetti DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pescetti command. OPTIONS
Here are a list of the available options and what they do. You must specify exactly one from --demo, --generate or --load. --help Prints the help text --demo Demonstration mode. Generates one hand with permutations and the tutorial for how to use them. --generate=N Generate N random boards --load=boards.txt Load boards+analysis from boards.txt --load-dds=boards.dds Load boards from boards.dds in dds format --load-analysis=tricks.txt Load analysis from tricks.txt --permutations=permutations.txt Generate the permutations and save them to the given file --curtains=curtains.txt Save curtain cards to file curtains.txt --save=boards.txt Save the boards+analysis to boards.txt --save-dds=boards.dds Save the boards to boards.dds in dds format --save-analysis=tricks.txt Save the analysis to tricks.txt --format=html|txt|pdf Set the output mode to the given format --title=title Set the title for the output --output=hands.txt Print the hands to hands.txt, rather than to standard output --stats Generate statistics about the set of boards; included in the hands output --analyze Run the dds analyzer on the boards and print the resulting numberof tricks (warning SLOW) --criteria= A list of criteria to apply to each generated hand to generate specific hand types. The list should be space separated and each item may be suffixed with a colon and a (fractional) probability value which can be used to weight the criteria. E.g. --criteria="weaknt:0.8 strongnt:0.5" Valid criteria are: unbalanced weaknt strongnt twont strongtwo weaktwo three twoclubs 4441 singlesuit twosuits partscore game slam game-invite slam-invite jumpshift jumpfit splinter bacon weird --probability=factor Generate hands matching the criteria with only the given probability. Factor is in the range 0 to 1. On each attempt to generate a board it is rejected if it doesn't match the criteria with the given probability. A factor of about 0.8 gives roughly half matching boards AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. PESCETTI(1)