Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting specific number jobs run at the same time Post 302444328 by laopi on Wednesday 11th of August 2010 03:47:02 PM
Old 08-11-2010
specific number jobs run at the same time

Hi,

I have more that 100 jobs I can run background, if I want only 4 running at ther same time, how can I write a script to control it?

Thanks

peter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

cron jobs not run

hi, I am newbie, I had set cron jobs to update something on one time very day, I had tested the script, it run fine, but the cron jobs seem never run. some help? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertsnoog
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

limit the number of jobs to run.

i just want to get the BackGround status and limit the number of jobs to run the at a time. can i able get the back ground exit status ? that i code below. can jobs -l limit the number of jobs to run ? total is this script looks fine ? cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me with the run-away cron jobs

I started a cron job on a cluster super computer. I am just a usual user over there and has no root power. The cron job was set by using "crontab -e". It excecutes a perl command every 20 minutes. I could use crontab -l or crontab -r to list or remove the cron job. However, I just found that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dedema
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run Command in Specific Time ...

Guy's I want to make script to run this command solevel every Saturday at 8:00 clock exactly . Can you please help me and teach me how to do this ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IT Helper
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command for specific amount of time with an auto key press

Hi, I have been trying to do a small fun project for myself. I want to run a command for 45 seconds. And to get the final output of this command, the script requires I push the "q" key on my keyboard and then the final output file becomes available. I tried the following script. But it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies