Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Random pieces of number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Random pieces of number Post 302444296 by learnbash on Wednesday 11th of August 2010 12:53:08 PM
Old 08-11-2010
This is very near but it always show first value bigger one, is it possible will show equal near about equal numbers, lets suppose if my value is 501752 so it first shows 408086, and rest of 29 values are too small, is it possible all 30 values should be 5 digits base.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to generate a random number?

How to generate a random integer with specific range(for example, from 1 to 1000)? Also, how to convert a floating point number into a integer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacMonster
2 Replies

2. Programming

Random number generation

Hi...How can I generate random numbers between a given range ...preferably between 1 and 100...in UNIX C programming...? I tried out functions like rand(),drand48() etc but didnt get satisfactory results... Thanks a lot in advance.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Random Number Genration

HI please help me in solving this issue. I have a shell script which consists of ten statemnts ( i mean 10 executable statments)...........and if i run that script the 10 statmenst will execute continously ............ But now my probelm is i have to write another script --> to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitka
0 Replies

4. Linux

random number as file owner

Dear all, I get the situation from my office but i cannot think what is happening. please give me some advise. 1. some file owner and group is changed to a very long number 2. i login as root. when i touch a file or operate on the file like chown, cp, the response is "Read-only file system".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickhlwong
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: random number between 1-10

How do I create a random number between 1 and 10 in kornshell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

6. Programming

C Help; generating a random number.

Im new to C, and Im having a hard time getting a random number. In bash, I would do something similar to the following to get a random number; #!/bin/bash seed1=$RANDOM seed2=$RANDOM seed3=$RANDOM SEED=`expr $seed1 * $seed2 / $seed3` echo ${SEED%.*} Now, in online examples... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
4 Replies

7. Programming

Random number is not reused

I need to generate and reuse a 5 digit random number every time my program is executed. But the following generates random numbers every time the function is called. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include <time.h> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
12 Replies

8. Programming

Generate random number

I saw this formula to generate random number between two specified values in shell script.the following. $(((RANDOM%(max-min+divisibleBy))/divisibleBy*divisibleBy+min)) Give a example in book. Generate random number between 6 and 30.like this. $(((RANDOM%30/3+1)*3)) But I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luoluo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create random number

Hi, I'm trying to create a script that will print random numbers with length of three. Below is the expected out. 928-377-899 942-458-310 951-948-511 962-681-415 995-161-708 997-997-209 thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

10. Programming

random number

How can I choose randomly the row numbers of my file in awk? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies
Random(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Random(3)

NAME
Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA - RSA encoding and decoding, using the openSSL libraries Crypt::OpenSSL::Random - Routines for accessing the OpenSSL pseudo-random number generator SYNOPSIS
use Crypt::OpenSSL::Random; Crypt::OpenSSL::Random::random_seed($good_random_data); Crypt::OpenSSL::Random::random_egd("/tmp/entropy"); Crypt::OpenSSL::Random::random_status() or die "Unable to sufficiently seed the random number generator". my $ten_good_random_bytes = Crypt::OpenSSL::Random::random_bytes(10); my $ten_ok_random_bytes = Crypt::OpenSSL::Random::random_pseudo_bytes(10); DESCRIPTION
Crypt::OpenSSL::Random provides the ability to seed and query the OpenSSL library's pseudo-random number generator EXPORT None by default. Static Methods random_bytes This function, returns a specified number of cryptographically strong pseudo-random bytes from the PRNG. If the PRNG has not been seeded with enough randomness to ensure an unpredictable byte sequence, then a false value is returned. random_pseudo_bytes This function, is similar to c<random_bytes>, but the resulting sequence of bytes are not necessarily unpredictable. They can be used for non-cryptographic purposes and for certain purposes in cryptographic protocols, but usually not for key generation etc. random_seed This function seeds the PRNG with a supplied string of bytes. It returns true if the PRNG has sufficient seeding. Note: calling this function with non-random bytes is of limited value at best! random_egd This function seeds the PRNG with data from the specified entropy gathering daemon. Returns the number of bytes read from the daemon on succes, or -1 if not enough bytes were read, or if the connection to the daemon failed. random_status This function returns true if the PRNG has sufficient seeding. BUGS
Because of the internal workings of OpenSSL's random library, the pseudo-random number generator (PRNG) accessed by Crypt::OpenSSL::Random will be different than the one accessed by any other perl module. Hence, to use a module such as Crypt::OpenSSL::Random, you will need to seed the PRNG used there from one used here. This class is still advantageous, however, as it centralizes other methods, such as random_egd, in one place. AUTHOR
Ian Robertson, iroberts@cpan.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), rand(3), RAND_add(3), RAND_egd(3), RAND_bytes(3). POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 62: '=item' outside of any '=over' Around line 93: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.18.2 2007-05-20 Random(3)