Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filter unique alphabets
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting filter unique alphabets Post 302443856 by repinementer on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 08:36:38 AM
Old 08-10-2010
filter unique alphabets

Filter unique alphabets (bold) from input

Thanx

Code:
+SRR015270.1 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:653:875 length=32
SZZZZZZZZZZZZXZZZXZZZOECZZIZHUEM
+SRR015270.2 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:455:450 length=32
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT
@SRR015270.3 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:453:499 length=32
@SRR015270.4 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:453:499 length=32
ZZZ
@SRR015270.5 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:453:499 length=32
ZZZ

output

Code:
+SRR015270.1 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:653:875 length=32
SZZZZZZZZZZZZXZZZXZZZOECZZIZHUEM
+SRR015270.2 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:455:450 length=32
@SRR015270.4 HWI-B10_3_6069:2:1:453:499 length=32
ZZZ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting only Alphabets from a value

Hi, I have file name (abcd001). I want to extract on the alphabets from this file name. I don't want the numeric part of it. Once i extract the alphabets the i can search for all those file. Could anyone help on this. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Omitting the last 2 alphabets in the words

Hi Guys, Bit new to Unix shell scripting so this question might seems little kiddish for you. what im trying to achieve here is : I have file which is compressed like Account_52320090605076_log.Z so in my shell script i call this file also as one of my parameters like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolrekz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get part of file with unique & non-unique string

I have an archive file that holds a batch of statements. I would like to be able to extract a certain statement based on the unique customer # (ie. 123456). The end for each statement is noted by "ENDSTM". I can find the line number for the beginning of the statement section with sed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for Alphabets

echo -n "read this also:" read NewAuthor if ]' ) ] ; then echo "its a digit" else echo "something else" fi Hey guys , i am trying to do a search to check if the input is using alphabets and nothing else. I tried using ] and ] but none seems to work When i use digit, it read 22.k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter certain number of alphabets

filter the ones (ex:>1279_17_27_F3) that have 50letters (ABABABACACACACACAADADADADABABABABAACACACACACACAACAC) in input. And others that are less than 50 have to be ignore and the ones with more than 50 have to trimmed to first 50 letters. Thanx >1279_16_1960_F3 A >1279_16_2010_F3 BCCC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl filter unique and concatenate

Hi experts, I have some input like below, TEST A function W TEST A function X TEST B function Y TEST C function Z TEST C function ZY i would like to have below output, TEST A function W&X TEST B function Y TEST C function Z&ZY Please kindly help on this, i am cracking my head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingfatty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace alphabets from certain positions

Hi all, I have column 2 full of values like HIVE4A-56 and HIVE4-56. I want to convert all values like HIVE4A-56 to HIVE4-56. So basically I want to delete all single alphabets before the '-' which is always preceded by a number. Values already in the desired format should remain unchanged... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ames1983
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter out lines containing unique values in a specified column

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain four columns of strings: File1: Code: 123 abc gfh 273 456 ddff jfh 837 789 ghi u4u 395 File2: Code: 123 abc dd fu 456 def 457 nd 891 384 djh 783 I want to compare the strings in Column 1 of File 1 with each other file and Print in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File:Filter duplicate records from column1 & another column having unique record

Hi Experts, I have csv file with 30, 40 columns Pasting just 2 column for problem description. Need to print error if below combination is not present in file check for column-1 (DocumentNumber) and filter columns where value in DocumentNumber field is same. For all such rows, the field... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
7 Replies
fig2mpdf(1)					    Including xfig figures into LaTeX documents 				       fig2mpdf(1)

NAME
fig2mpdf - creation of multilayer pdf or eps figures from fig files using latex for typesetting SYNOPSIS
fig2mpdf [OPTION]... FILE DESCRIPTION
This tool can create pdf or eps figures using fig files as source. For beamer presentations, for example, you can use the multilayer mode to create multiple figures that can be overlayed to get a dynamic figure. For proper appearance you can use latex to typeset some or all texts, possibly containing formulas. The default interpretation of the given fig FILE depends on its suffix. fig Normal conversion of a fig file. All texts are interpreted as postscript texts and all elements of the figure are included in the resulting figure. lfig LaTeX interpretation of the file. All texts of the input file that have the special bit set are typeset by pdflatex resp. latex (see: Option -|+l). mfig Multilayer file interpretation. Depending on the used depths of the figure it is split into multiple parts. For each part an output file is created (see: section MultiLayerOutput). mlfig or lmfig Combination of multilayer and LaTeX interpretation of the input (see: Suffix lfig and mfig). The default interpretation of the input can be changed by using the options below. OPTIONS
-e produce an eps output file. Instead of creating a pdf file (the default) an eps figure is produced. -|+l force calling (pdf)latex (-) or do not use (pdf)latex (+) for typesetting the text marked with the special flag. With this option you can change the default behavior given by the input file suffix. -|+m force set (-) or unset (+) the multilayer interpretation (see: MultiLayerOutput below) which was previously set by the input file suffix. -p ranges explicitly set the ranges of depths for splitting the input figure in multilayer mode. ranges is a colon separated list of ranges of the form upper-lower or depth where upper is the top and lower the bottom depth in the range. If you use the depth form the range consist of just that depth. -i include the the bottommost range (that is, the one with the highest depth) into all output figures. This is for compatibility to older versions of this tool. -I turn on pyramid mode. The figure of a corresponding range in multilayer mode includes all lower ranges too. -g gapwidth set the allowed gapwidth between two used depths to decide if these depths should be grouped together in one range. With this option you get more flexibility to insert objects with new depths. The default width is zero (no gap = consecutively numbered depths are grouped together). -s style replace the default style for selecting a font family in LaTeX mode. If this option is omitted the style `times' is set by default. -H header replace the default header sequence for creating temporary LaTeX documents in LaTeX mode. To get maximum flexibility you can set the entire document header in the file header (see: Customized Headers below). -G in multilayer mode change the default output file pattern to the PDF format which is <name>.page<no>.<ext> -v be verbose and print out all executed commands -V print out the version of fig2mpdf MultiLayerOutput In xfig you can assign an individual depth to all objects of the figure. These depths are normally used to determine the order of printing the objects. fig2mpdf uses these depths to group the objects into ranges in automatic mode (if the ranges option is omitted). In the list of used depths, consecutively numbered depths are grouped into one range. That is, all gaps between used depths are used to logically split the figure. With -g you can set the gapwidth which doesn't split the figure (default: zero). The resulting list of ranges determines the number of output files. In default mode all objects with depths assigned to one range are col- lected and put into the corresponding output file. The contents of the output files can be changed with the two Options -i and -I. The -i option reduces the number of output files by one. The bottommost range, that is the range which consist of the highest depths of the figure, is included into all output files. In pyramid mode, activated by the option -I, the output files contain additionally all lower ranges. With this mode you can get stand alone figures that don't have to be overlayed to have meaningful content. Example 1 Assume that you have a fig file foo.fig which contains the three ranges 230-233, 455-460 and 499-500. With no options set you get three output files, one per range. But if you set the -i option you get the following two files where the bot- tommost range is included in both of the files: foo-0.pdf with ranges 455-460 and 499-500 foo-1.pdf with ranges 230-233 and 499-500. Example 2 The pyramid mode, activated by the option -I, will produce the following files from the source file of Example 1: foo-0.pdf with ranges 499-500 foo-1.pdf with ranges 455-460 and 499-500 foo-2.pdf with ranges 230-233, 455-460 and 499-500. Example 3 If both options are set you will get just two files with the following contents: foo-0.pdf with ranges 455-460 and 499-500 foo-1.pdf with ranges 230-233, 455-460 and 499-500. Customized Headers For various reasons you might want to change the standard latex generation, e.g., if you want to change the default font family. The fol- lowing example represents a valid header file. The usage of this example file changes the font family to sans serif and adds an additional search path for includegraphics to the `fig- ures' subdirectory. documentclass{article} usepackage{german,amssymb,amsmath} enewcommand{familydefault}{sfdefault} AtBeginDocument{graphicspath{{figures/}}} The following packages are generally used: color, graphicx and epsfig. Tex errors Sometimes it might happen that latex generates an error while processing your special texts. To keep you informed about the occurrence of that error and about what has happened, in this case the log file is shown by invoking a less command. Files In single layer mode for the resulting files the suffix fig is replaced by pdf (resp. eps) (i.e. foo.fig -> foo.pdf). In multilayer mode the base name of the source fig files is extended by '-<range>' and the suffix is set to pdf (resp. eps). (i.e., foo.fig -> foo-0.pdf, foo-1.pdf, foo-2.pdf, ... or foo.fig -> foo.page0.pdf, foo.page1.pdf, foo.page2.pdf, ... if the option -G is set). SEE ALSO
xfig(1) fig2dev(1) gawk(1) pdflatex(1) latex(1) dvips(1) Jun 2006 fig2mpdf(1)