Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with seq (print a series of dates) Post 302443844 by dazdseg on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 08:08:27 AM
Old 08-10-2010
pass the date as a parameter to your script. this will working for you the way you want it..

Code:

let hours=$1*24
newdate=`TZ=CST-$hours date +%d-%m-%Y`
echo "$newdate"

Last edited by dazdseg; 08-10-2010 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: not proper editing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare dates in a field and print the latest date row

Hi, I need a shell script which should find the latest date in the field of file and print that line only. For eg., I have a file /date.log Name Date Status IBM 06/06/07 close DELL 07/27/07 open DELL 06/07/07 open : : : From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cvkishore
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print 10 characters in series

suppose fileA kanika123ABC 1222222222222222 raciat5678ty 1221123333331121 jessica78ulllo 2233243223333333 so output shud be print only first 10 characters in series and rest remain same kanika123A 1222222222222222 raciat5678 1221123333331121 jessica78u ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

declaring variable with for $(seq)

Hi guys. i have the following script: 1 #!/bin/bash 2 linkcount=$(grep "/portal" tickets | wc -l) 3 grep "/portal" tickets > links 4 for i in $(seq 1 $linkcount); do 5 echo "BLYAT" 6 let link$i=$(sed -n "$i"p links) 7 echo $ 8 done the problem is, that "let" can`t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neverhood
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print all dates 100 days from current date

can anyone please suggest me on ideas to write a script which has to go back to 100 days from 'current date' and print the date of each day starting from 100th day to current day. (korn shell please) Thanks Pavan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Seq As A Variable With Padded Digits

Hi all. Im trying to use a sequence in a while loop like this below. I need it for navigating a year, month, day folder structure where a user can input the start date and have it go to the desired end date. The script will grab a certain file on each day then move onto the next. Ive got all that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using seq (Or alternative)

I usually just browse the forum/google for answers, however I've been stuck on a problem for a number of hours now and I've decided to join up and actually ask I've searched the forum ad naseum in an attempt to find answer to my query, however so far I have been unsuccessful. I'm no expert... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show first 0 using seq or +1 count?

Greetings, Using linux based OS and KSH. I m trying to make a simple script to parse some logs to show a count per hour on a specific alarm starting from midnight to the current hour. So I format my "HOUR" variable to show the current time and so I can use it in the following bit of code.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RNA-seq analysis

I am processing RNA-seq data files that have been aligned using RUM. One of the output files is a *.sam that includes: Unique alignments Non-unique alignments original read files I want to extract only the unique alignments by pulling out alignments that have "IH:i:1" (indicates this read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genGirl23
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy seq Question

Hi! I'm trying to do this: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - I'm using seq for this: seq 1 20 > filename.txt How do I get the "-"? I've tried -f per man but can't get anything to work. Also, is there an easier or better way than using sequence? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyBe
6 Replies
SEQ(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    SEQ(1)

NAME
seq -- print sequences of numbers SYNOPSIS
seq [-w] [-f format] [-s string] [-t string] [first [incr]] last DESCRIPTION
The seq utility prints a sequence of numbers, one per line (default), from first (default 1), to near last as possible, in increments of incr (default 1). When first is larger than last, the default incr is -1. All numbers are interpreted as floating point. Normally integer values are printed as decimal integers. The seq utility accepts the following options: -f format Use a printf(3) style format to print each number. Only the A, a, E, e, F, f, G, g, and % conversion characters are valid, along with any optional flags and an optional numeric minimum field width or precision. The format can contain character escape sequences in backslash notation as defined in ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). The default is %g. -s string Use string to separate numbers. The string can contain character escape sequences in backslash notation as defined in ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). The default is . -t string Use string to terminate sequence of numbers. The string can contain character escape sequences in backslash notation as defined in ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). This option is useful when the default separator does not contain a . -w Equalize the widths of all numbers by padding with zeros as necessary. This option has no effect with the -f option. If any sequence numbers will be printed in exponential notation, the default conversion is changed to %e. EXIT STATUS
The seq utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
# seq 1 3 1 2 3 # seq 3 1 3 2 1 # seq -w 0 .05 .1 0.00 0.05 0.10 SEE ALSO
jot(1), printf(1), printf(3) HISTORY
The seq command first appeared in Plan 9 from Bell Labs. A seq command appeared in NetBSD 3.0, and ported to FreeBSD 9.0. This command was based on the command of the same name in Plan 9 from Bell Labs and the GNU core utilities. The GNU seq command first appeared in the 1.13 shell utilities release. BUGS
The -w option does not handle the transition from pure floating point to exponent representation very well. The seq command is not bug for bug compatible with the Plan 9 from Bell Labs or GNU versions of seq. BSD
September 10, 2013 BSD