Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script? Post 302443831 by guruprasadpr on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 07:18:25 AM
Old 08-10-2010
Hi

You can check the examples here for reference..connect to sqlplus and retrieve data and modify your criteria accordingly.

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on shell script(to pass the values)

only the arguments that are written to the file, my script is (sh /u01app/wkf.sh"$start_no","$name","$Condition","$file_name") like that when ever I run my script I need to write into a new file every time, like wise I have upto10 files with different names.bec my $start_no and $name will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store the return values of stored procedure in unix shell script.

hi i am calling a oracle stored procedure(in the database) from unix shell scripting (a.sh). the called stored procedure returns some values through OUT variables i want to assign the return values of stored procedure in to unix shell script variable. can you provide me the code. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barani75
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling pl/sql procedure from shell and return values

How could I call an Oracle PL/SQL procedure from any shell (bash) and catch returning value from that procedure (out param) or get a returning value if it's a function. also, I got into trouble when I tried to send a number as a param #!/bin/bash -e username=$1 pwd=$2 baza=$3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies
LDBRENAME(1)							   User Commands						      LDBRENAME(1)

NAME
ldbrename - Edit LDB databases using your favorite editor SYNOPSIS
ldbrename [-h] [-o options] {olddn} {newdb} DESCRIPTION
ldbrename is a utility that allows you to rename trees in an LDB database based by DN. This utility takes two arguments: the original DN name of the top element and the DN to change it to. OPTIONS
-h Show list of available options. -H <ldb-url> LDB URL to connect to. See ldb(7) for details. -o options Extra ldb options, such as modules. ENVIRONMENT
LDB_URL LDB URL to connect to (can be overrided by using the -H command-line option.) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
ldb(7), ldbmodify, ldbdel, ldif(5) AUTHOR
ldb was written by Andrew Tridgell. If you wish to report a problem or make a suggestion then please see the : http://ldb.samba.org/ web site for current contact and maintainer information. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 LDBRENAME(1)