Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search a String and display only word. Post 302443643 by indrajit_u on Monday 9th of August 2010 05:15:08 PM
Old 08-09-2010
Thanks All..!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a string conating a search word or not ...

Hi fiends, I need some help. i have a var called fname="req_detail_TAM.dat" and is have a search string var as tmp="TAM". Now my requirement is i need to check whether a "fname" is contains "search str" or not. if search string is part of the filename, then i need to store value 1 in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manu.vmr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string and display those NOT found

In my script I read a input file and search all the files in a directory and it's sub-directories for that string using: find . -type f -print | xargs grep $var1 This just displays all the lines the string was found on. Too much data. What I need is to store in a file one time those... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Rihn
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing String, Search then display rows

Get occurence of "open" considering duplicates(get the last open). Once you are pointing to the last open count 2 rows to get the correct data. Every begin and end statement, there is a "close" and "open". There can be many "close" and "open" within the begin and end statement but we are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddyme
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and print specific string using awk

Hi, I have list of directory paths in a variable and i want to delete those dirs and if dir does not exist then search that string and get the correct path from xml file after that delete the correct directory. i tried to use grep and it prints the entire line from the search.once i get the entire... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search-word-print-specific-string

Hi, Our input xml looks like: <doc> <str name="account_id">1111</str> <str name="prd_id">DHEP155EK</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str name="prd_id">394531662</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string in unix and print whole matching word

Hi I have requirement to search string starting with specific characters and print whole matching word in that string. example mystr="ATTRIBUTE NAME="Event Name" VALUE="Execute"" I want to search by passing "NAME=" and result should be NAME="Event Name". i am using below command but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep word after last occurance of string and display next few lines

Hi, I wanted to grep string "ERROR" and "WORNING" after last occurrence of String "Starting" only and wanted to display two lines after searched ERROR and WORNING string and one line before. I have following cronjob log file "errorlog" file and I have written the code for same in Unix as below... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2. any help appreciated <locations> <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation> <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string in multiple files and display column wise

I have 3 files. Each of those files have the same number of records, however certain records have different values. I would like to grep the field in ALL 3 files and display the output with only the differences in column wise and if possible line number File1 Name = Joe Age = 33... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
3 Replies
XtAppCreateShell(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 					       XtAppCreateShell(3)

NAME
XtAppCreateShell, XtVaAppCreateShell - create top-level widget instance SYNTAX
Widget XtAppCreateShell(String application_name, String application_class, WidgetClass widget_class, Display *display, ArgList args, Cardi- nal num_args); Widget XtVaAppCreateShell(String application_name, String application_class, WidgetClass widget_class, Display *display, ...); ARGUMENTS
application_name Specifies the name of the application instance. application_class Specifies the class name of this application. widget_class Specifies the widget class that the application top-level widget should be. display Specifies the display from which to get the resources. args Specifies the argument list from which to get the resources. num_args Specifies the number of arguments in the argument list. ... Specifies the variable argument list from which to get the resources. DESCRIPTION
The XtAppCreateShell function saves the specified application name and application class for qualifying all widget resource specifiers. The application name and application class are used as the left-most components in all widget resource names for this application. XtApp- CreateShell should be used to create a new logical application within a program or to create a shell on another display. In the first case, it allows the specification of a new root in the resource hierarchy. In the second case, it uses the resource database associated with the other display. Note that the widget returned by XtAppCreateShell has the WM_COMMAND property set for session managers (see Chapter 4). SEE ALSO
XtCreateWidget(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtAppCreateShell(3)