Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to manipulate a file Post 302443639 by jim mcnamara on Monday 9th of August 2010 05:09:48 PM
Old 08-09-2010
Code:
awk '{ for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) { if(substr($i,1,2)=="0x"){print $i}   }   } ' inputfile > newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to manipulate a message count for the same IP @ diff session

I have a file as like below, 10:20:30.45 START 10.20.30.40 10:20:31.46 HELLO 10.20.30.40 10:20:32.46 START 10.20.30.41 10:20:33.44 END 10.20.30.40 10:20:35.44 HELLO 10.20.30.41 10:20:36.56 HELLO 10.20.30.41 10:20:37.78 HELLO 10.20.30.41 10:20:38.99 START 10.20.30.40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gobinath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to manipulate logfile text

Hi guys, I was wandering if a Shell guru could give me some advice on tackling a problem. I have used a mixture of grep, cut and awk to get data from a log file in the following format: 14/11/08 10:39: Checking currenly : Enabled 14/11/08 10:39: Records allocated : 221... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosspaddock
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to manipulate the /etc/passwd file

Hi. Can anybody help me with a script to extract usernames, shell and home_directory from the /etc/passwd file. I am stuck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to manipulate contents of clipboard

Hi there, I'm a total newbie and would like some help. I'd like to have a script to - load the contents of the clipboard into a variable - manipulate the variable by adding the characters /* to the beginning of every line and */ to the end of every line - load the variable back into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: js8765
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate string in shell script

I am writing a shell script for some purpose. I have a variable of the form -- var1 = "policy=set policy" Now I need to manipulate the variable var to get the string after index =. that is i should have "set polcy". Also I need to to this for many other variables where the value of "=" is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Sharma987
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk script to manipulate txt file

Hi experts, I am not familiarised using nawk/awk to manipulate txt file. So I need ur help here. thanks. txt1 - qc_m.log TQC101 TQC102 TQC103 TQC104 txt2 - resultEqpt.log TQC102,,LOGOFF TQC103,,LOGOFF TQC104,2012-10-03 07:42:57,LOGON so TQC101 is not found in txt 2. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate file

Hi Guys, I have a file that lists patches along with other information. The patches are listed in two different formats. One format lists the latest patch, date , installed patch Latest Patch Date IN 148412-02 13-Sep-2012 -- X X SunOS 5.10: nss_dns patch 126206-10 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to manipulate files

My requirement is explained below: list of files available in server 1 in path /home/xxx/src are: XX_SRC_20130417.txt XX_SRC_20130417.dat $cat XX_SRC_20130417.txt col1=ABC col2= col3=xyza sequence file name is maintained which is in the path /ab_app/xx/seq $cd /ab_app/xx/seq$cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate XML File Continous STRING by each Order Line using SHELL

heres sample File: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM "www"><cXML.............................................. <OrderRequest>USE UNIX.com</Extrinsic><Extrinsic name="UniqueName">Peter@UNIX.com</Extrinsic><Extrinsic name="ContractingEntity">UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pete.kriya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to manipulate data using script

Hi i want to manipulate my data to convert row to column name 600 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 name 700 Slno vlan 1 600 2 609 3 700 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nith_anandan
8 Replies
ALSACONF(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ALSACONF(8)

NAME
alsaconf - configuration tool for the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture SYNOPSIS
alsaconf [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the alsaconf command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Alsaconf is a simple shell script which tries to detect the sound cards on your system and writes a suitable configuration file for ALSA. It will try to guess what GNU/Linux distribution you're running, and will act accordingly to the standards of that distribution, if spe- cific support is available. Alsaconf will write a module-init-tools (or modutils) snippet which can be then used by module-init-tools (or modutils) to load the correct parameters for your sound card. OPTIONS
Alsaconf accepts the following options: -c, --config file Specify the module config file. As default, alsaconf probes the available config file automatically. -d, --devmode mode Set the device mode for the ALSA devices (default = 0666). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. -g, --gid gid Set the gid for the ALSA devices (default = 0). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. -h, --help Displays this help text. -L, --log file Logging on the given file. The log is appended to the file. This option is for debugging purpose only. -l, --legacy Check only for legacy non-isapnp cards. -m, --modinfo Read module descriptions instead of reading a card database. -P, --listprobe List the supported legacy card modules. -p, --probe card-name Probe a legacy non-isapnp card and print module options. -r, --strict Set strict device mode (equiv. with -g 17 -d 0660). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. -s, --sound-wav-file Use the specified wav file as a test sound. -u, --uid uid Set the uid for the ALSA devices (default = 0). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. DEBIAN SPECIFIC
In Debian, the default gid of the device files is 29 (corresponding to the audio group) and the default device mode is 0660. For the ALSA base package, see also /usr/share/doc/alsa-base/ SEE ALSO
alsamixer(1), amixer(1), aplay(1), arecord(1) HOMEPAGE
http://www.alsa-project.org/ AUTHOR
The alsaconf script was written by Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>, Bernd Kaindl <bk@suse.de> and Jan Ondrej (SAL) <ondrejj@salstar.sk> This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). February 23, 2003 ALSACONF(8)