Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in extraction when space is a field delimiter Post 302443564 by elbrand on Monday 9th of August 2010 09:23:14 AM
Old 08-09-2010
This script handles one of your files. You may change the rows to print out. (here: 2 and 5 -> RTP="2 5")
I assume that the number of rows is usually six and only row 5 can be empty. If not we need to enhance the case-structure.

You need to run the script with the filename as first parameter:

Code:
    ./script.sh file.txt

Code:
#! /bin/bash

RTP="2 5"

while read -a A ; do
    case ${#A[@]} in
        5) A[5]=${A[4]} ; A[4]="" ;;
        *) : ;;
    esac
    L=""
    for n in ${RTP} ; do
        L="${L} ${A[$((N=n-1))]}"
    done
    echo "${L}"
done < <(awk '/SPOT/,/EOF/ {print}' ${1})

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of string from Stringlist using delimiter

Hi Experts, I need to extract some set of strings one be one using delimiter. Example: shellscript.sh|unix.sh|script_file.sh i need to extract this shellscript.sh,unix.sh,script_file.sh separately. I tried but couldn't get. Please help me.. Thanks & Regards :), Kanda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delimiter appears in field

The typical line of the input file is as follows, 123|abcde|"xyz|mn"|ghelosa|3455hello| The delimiter is |. I need to change it to another delimiter, say ~. For the above line, the output should be: 123~abcde~xyz|mn~ghelosa~3455hello~ The challenge is when | appears in a field, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekxu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Using Cut With A Space Delimiter

I am trying to extract 'postmaster' from the following string: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN using the following command: cat /usr/share/assp/assp.cfg | grep ^PenaltyError:= | cut -d '@' -f1 | cut -f8 but it returns: PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add field delimiter for the last field

I have a file with three fields and field delimiter '|' like: abc|12:13:45|123 xyz|12:87:32| qwe|54:21:09 In the file the 1st line has proper data -> abc|12:13:45|123 ,the 2nd line doesnt has data for the 3rd field which is okay , the 3rd line doesnt has data for the 3rd field as well the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

deplace field delimiter

hi here my problem: i have 2 file: 1.tmp 111 222 555 2.tmp 1*TEST1**111*LA 2*TEST2**112*LA 3*TEST3**222*LA 4*TEST4**333*LA 5*TEST5**555*LA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saw7
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed XML Field Extraction

I had an immediate work to sort out the error code and error message which are associated within the log. But here im facing an problem to extract 3 different fields from the XML log can some one please help. I tried using different script including awk & nawk, but not getting the desired output. ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space as a delimiter

not sure if i'm doing this right i'm new tho this but i'm trying to use a space as a delimiter with the cut command my code is size=$( du -k -S -s /home/cmik | cut -d' ' -f1 ) i've also tried -f2 and switching the -d and -f around if that does anything (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cmik
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to use delimiter as : and space in awk

Hi , Please suggest me how do I use : (colon and one space) as a delimiter in awk Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can awk ignore the field delimiter like comma inside a field?

We have a csv file as mentioned below and the requirement is to change the date format in file as mentioned below. Current file (file.csv) ---------------------- empname,date_of_join,dept,date_of_resignation ram,08/09/2015,sales,21/06/2016 "akash,sahu",08/10/2015,IT,21/07/2016 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal.biswal
6 Replies
RTP 
sessions.(3) Library Functions Manual RTP sessions.(3) NAME
RTP sessions. - Classes class TRTPSessionBase< RTPDataChannel, RTCPChannel, ServiceQueue > class SingleThreadRTPSession< RTPDataChannel, RTCPChannel, ServiceQueue > This template class adds the threading aspect to the RTPSessionBase template in one of the many possible ways. class RTPSessionBase Generic RTP protocol stack for exchange of realtime data. Typedefs typedef SingleThreadRTPSession RTPSession Uses two pairs of sockets for RTP data and RTCP transmission/reception. typedef RTPSession RTPSocket Alias for RTPSession. typedef SingleThreadRTPSession < SymmetricRTPChannel, SymmetricRTPChannel > SymmetricRTPSession" Uses one pair of sockets, (1) for RTP data and (2) for RTCP transmission/reception. Detailed Description Typedef Documentation RTPSession Uses two pairs of sockets for RTP data and RTCP transmission/reception. UDP/IPv4 RTP Session scheduled by one thread of execution. Examples: audiorx.cpp, audiotx.cpp, ccrtptest.cpp, rtphello.cpp, rtplisten.cpp, and rtpsend.cpp. RTPSocket Alias for RTPSession. SymmetricRTPSession Uses one pair of sockets, (1) for RTP data and (2) for RTCP transmission/reception. Symmetric UDP/IPv4 RTP session scheduled by one thread of execution. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for ccRTP from the source code. ccRTP Sat Jun 23 2012 RTP sessions.(3)