Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding used memory %
Operating Systems Solaris Finding used memory % Post 302443560 by bartus11 on Monday 9th of August 2010 09:07:26 AM
Old 08-09-2010
Try this:
Code:
prtconf | grep "Memory size" | awk '{print $3}' | awk 'NR==1{m=$0*1024;next}NR>2{print $1,$2/m,"%"}' - - <(ps -e -o comm,vsz)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Tool for finding memory leaks

hi, i am a c++ programmer working on linux(redhat linux8.0) environment, i need to find out the memory leaks, so far i didn't used any tools, so what are the tools are available, and whic one is good to use. plz provide with a small example. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Finding out the memory size via the iLOM

I would like to know if it is possible to find out how much memory is in a machine from the iLOM prompt on an x86 box? I have retrieved the MAC address details from the iLOM promt before using show /SYS/MB/NETx and wondering if I can do the same for the Memory although I can't seem to find anything... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding shared memory

Using pmap, I was able to get a memory map of an Oracle process. It had the following id: 0000000380000000 4194320K rwxsR Converting that Hex ID to decimal gave: 352321658 So, then I did ipcs -am: IPC status from <running system> as of Thu Jun 18 15:43:17 MDT 2009 T ID ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilj
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

finding free memory as a non-root user

All, I have a software application that requires to find the free memory on the machine. It should work in a hpux Out of the box - in other words, it should use the basic OS commands which are available on every HP-UX machine like top, vmstat and doesn't require the user to purchase 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunny8107
2 Replies

5. AIX

Finding Memory Frequency

Hi, I would like to know how to find out frequency of memory, I have used the command prtconf but it is showing amt of ram available on server, it is not showing frequency. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. AIX

Finding Total Memory Of VIO Server.

Hi, I would like to know how to find Total Memory of Vio Server? I have used command prtconf | grep Memory , though this command is showing allocated memory of vio server. But I would like to find out Total Memory of VIO Server, Though this can be find out using browser http://<ip address... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding out total memory usage

Hi, I have a server box with 16GB ram in it, within the server box there are 3 VMs running with a total allocation of 9GB. if I add up all the numbers under memory info using vmstat I get 15.8GB so I can say it adds up to 16Gb... Is there a way to see from the command line how much memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedhunt3r
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Finding Cause of Memory Leak

Hi We have just got a dedicated server with Fasthosts, O/S is Linux CentOS 6 64 bit. It was a fresh install and I have just moved one WordPress site onto there. The problem is we seem to be getting a memory leak (that's what Fasthosts said) and the database (I think) keeps crashing, so we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokeyzx
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the most memory consuming processes in Linux

Platform: Oracle Linux 6.4 To find the most memory consuming processes, I tried the following 2 methods 1. Method1 # ps aux | head -1 ; ps aux | sort -nk +4 | tail -7 USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND root 95 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Finding capped memory of a non global zone

Is there a way to find the capped memory of a solaris non global zone from the non global zone itself (given rcapd is disabled) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CuriousDev
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)