Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding a string inside A Tag Post 302443541 by dahlia84 on Monday 9th of August 2010 07:33:12 AM
Old 08-09-2010
Finding a string inside A Tag

I have umpteen number of files containing HTML A tags in the below format

Quote:
<a href="someurl.jsp?someparam&Login=$(someloginvalue)">
or

Quote:
<a href="someurl.jsp?Login=$(someloginvalue)">
I want to find all the lines that contain the word Login=

I used this command

Code:
grep "Login=" *

This gave me normal lines as well which contain the word Login= for example, it returned lines which have

Quote:
Login=AssignSomeValue;
this.Login=someValue;
How can I extract only those files which contain Login= in a A tag? Is it possible if yes, how can I do it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding text inside file

Hi everyone I have a small problem i cant find a soloution to... I'm using digital unix and have to find out all the files which have a certain string inside them and i dont know how to do it. *This search is done as root. *All files from '/' to the last directory should be searched for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dindan100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing string between a xml tag

Hi All, I have an XML-: <ProcId>CES_P5010_AddVLan</ProcId> <DataVersion>yxcxycyxcycyxc</DataVersion> <JobId>OR3000055-002-1</JobId> </CesHeader> <VLanServiceList> <NopId>blu</NopId> </VLanServiceList> <StatusNPA>2</StatusNPA> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_iti
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value inside <text> tag for a particular condition.

Hi All! I have obtained following output from a tool "pdftohtml" :: So, my input is as under: <text top="246" left="160" width="84" height="16" font="3">Business purpose</text> <text top="260" left="506" width="220" height="16" font="3">giving the right information and new insights... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files with a certain name string inside of another file.

Hi, I have a very large file that contains a listing of all files on the system. I need to create a listing from that file of all files that start with the following format: s???_*, whereas the '?' represents characters, so the file name begins with an 's' followed by three other characters and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tes218
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove string inside html tag <a>

Does anybody know how i can remove string from <a> tag? There are several hundred posts in a few forums that need to be cleaned up. The precise situation is ---------- <a href="http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi?fvp=/family/sexuality_and_spirituality/&cmd=rA&cG=43"> ------------- my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
6 Replies

6. Programming

Deciphering a tag character string

I have a string, eg 7f30.3 and I want to store things in the following way npos = 7 decform = true width = 30 ndp = 3 I need to read each character one by one. I am coding in fortran but I can try to code it should answer be given in C in the above way. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from html tag

Hi I am new to string extractions in shell script... I am trying to extract a string such as #1753 from html tag looks like below. <a class="model-link tl-tr" href="lastSuccessfulBuild/">Last successful build (#1753), 40 min ago</a> and want the value as 1753 Could someone help me to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicharbo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i find texts inside a html tag using sed?

How can i find texts inside a html tag using sed? Html texts: What i tried: cat infile | sed -e 's/\(<kbd*\)\(.*\)\(kbd>\)/\2/ Expected result like this: sed -i -e 's/@colophon/@@colophon/' \ -e 's/doc@cygnus.com/doc@@cygnus.com/' bfd/doc/bfd.texinfo (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check empty string in an XML tag?

I have an XML tag <abc> which is empty as <abc></abc>.If the the tag is empty I want to flag the file as bad. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print string if tag is specific value

In the below awk I am trying to print expName only if another tag planExecuted is true. In addition to the expName I am also printing planShortID. For some reason the word experiment gets printed so I remove it with sed. I have attached the complete index.html as well as included a sample of it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)