Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users script to monitor if ssh works. Post 302443490 by nua7 on Monday 9th of August 2010 04:14:47 AM
Old 08-09-2010
Thanks! This is a good idea. I was also planning to use ssh -q so that everything happens in silent mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to monitor SSH sessions

Hi All Is it possible to log and monitor user activities in a SSH session. Is there any configuration or a patch to apply ?. Im currently using OpenSSH with AIX 5.3L and my syslog.conf includes auth.* /var/log/sshd/auth.log and in sshd_config it shows SysLogFacility AUTH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuradhai4i
4 Replies

2. AIX

SSH login hangs, serial console works

Server, running AIX 6.1 developed strange problem when logging in via SSH -- ssh client hangs without any error. It is possible to run commands on server, using ssh ("ssh servername ls -l" is OK) It is possible to log in normally, using serial console connected to server. It was possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivar.zarans
2 Replies

3. AIX

scp not working while ssh works

I try to transfer a file from a Linux host to an AIX-host via scp, which fails. Logging into the AIX-system from the same Linux-system via ssh works well and i am a bit at a loss where to look. The original setup was with a user account provided via LDAP, but because of the error message (see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$USER is not set in remsh but works fine via ssh login

1) ssh a@b echo $USER it display the correct value as a (even though i have not defined it in .profile) 2) remsh b -l a echo $USER it does not display the value as a (variable is not set any idea why $USER variable is not initialized when i login via remsh or rlogin but shows the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH key works from CMD line not script

OK , .. This is an odd one. I have a new server and I need to have a tunnel open to it. I have this exact process running on a few others but this new one I just got is not allowing the script to connect. I set up my users account and ssh keys from the server that will host the tunneling i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffsandman0035
6 Replies

6. Solaris

SCP not working while SSH works

Dear expert, I have gone through the thread A similar error arising for me , please find the debug logs. I have tried from another server to push a file using scp but not working for me. i am using SunOS SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passwordless SSH works, scp does not

I know the "how to setup passwordless SSH" question is asked probably 5 times a week. I know how to setup passwordless SSH, it's not tough, however after reinstalling linux on my server, I found a problem. I could SSH into my server just fine, no password required, however SCP still required a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corrado33
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSh works but sftp doesn't for all users except root

I am sorry if i post in wrong Form. i have AIX server in which ssh works for all users but sftp only works for root user . it is too much important for me to solve this . Your help will be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cant ssh, but ping works

I cant ping to some of my machines, but ping works. I attach screenshots. Port is open and it is 22. I can't figure out why i cant access. https://www.unix.com/attachments/unix-for-advanced-and-expert-users/7492d1541541072-cant-ssh-but-ping-works-sshlisten-jpg... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
17 Replies

10. AIX

PING to AIX works but TELNET FTP SSH doesn't work

root@PRD /> rsh DR KFAFH_DR: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end root@PRD /> telnet DR Trying... Connected to DR. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed. root@PRD /> ftp DR Connected to KFAFH_DR. 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
nisupdkeys(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    nisupdkeys(1M)

NAME
nisupdkeys - update the public keys in a NIS+ directory object SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisupdkeys [-a | -C] [-H host] [directory] /usr/lib/nis/nisupdkeys -s [-a | -C] -H host DESCRIPTION
This command updates the public keys in an NIS+ directory object. When the public key(s) for a NIS+ server are changed, nisupdkeys reads a directory object and attempts to get the public key data for each server of that directory. These keys are placed in the directory object and the object is then modified to reflect the new keys. If directory is present, the directory object for that directory is updated. Oth- erwise the directory object for the default domain is updated. The new key must be propagated to all directory objects that reference that server. On the other hand, nisupdkeys -s gets a list of all the directories served by host and updates those directory objects. This assumes that the caller has adequate permission to change all the associated directory objects. The list of directories being served by a given server can also be obtained by nisstat(1M). Before you do this operation, make sure that the new address/public key has been propagated to all replicas. If multiple authentication mechanisms are configured using nisauthconf(1M), then the keys for those mechanisms will also be updated or cleared. The user executing this command must have modify access to the directory object for it to succeed. The existing directory object can be displayed with the niscat(1) command using the -o option. This command does not update the directory objects stored in the NIS_COLD_START file on the NIS+ clients. If a server is also the root master server, then nisupdkeys -s cannot be used to update the root directory. OPTIONS
-a Update the universal addresses of the NIS+ servers in the directory object. Currently, this only works for the TCP/IP family of transports. This option should be used when the IP address of the server is changed. The server's new address is resolved using getipnodebyname(3SOCKET) on this machine. The /etc/nsswitch.conf file must point to the correct source for ipnodes and hosts for this resolution to work. -C Specify to clear rather than set the public key(s). Communication with a server that has no public key(s) does not require the use of secure RPC. -H host Limit key changes only to the server named host. If the hostname is not a fully qualified NIS+ name, then it is assumed to be a host in the default domain. If the named host does not serve the directory, no action is taken. -s Update all the NIS+ directory objects served by the specified server. This assumes that the caller has adequate access rights to change all the associated directory objects. If the NIS+ principal making this call does not have adequate permissions to update the directory objects, those particular updates will fail and the caller will be notified. If the rpc.nisd on host cannot return the list of servers it serves, the command will print an error message. The caller would then have to invoke nisupdkeys multiple times (as in the first synopsis), once per NIS+ directory that it serves. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using nisupdkeys The following example updates the keys for servers of the foo.bar. domain. example% nisupdkeys foo.bar. This example updates the key(s) for host fred that serves the foo.bar. domain. example% nisupdkeys -H fred foo.bar. This example clears the public key(s) for host wilma in the foo.bar. directory. example% nisupdkeys -CH wilma foo.bar. This example updates the public key(s) in all directory objects that are served by the host wilma. example% nisupdkeys -s -H wilma ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chkey(1), niscat(1), nisaddcred(1M), nisauthconf(1M), nisstat(1M), getipnodebyname(3SOCKET), nis_objects(3NSL), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the Solaris Operating system. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the current Solaris release. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.11 13 Dec 2001 nisupdkeys(1M)