Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system performance
Operating Systems HP-UX system performance Post 302443391 by maxim42 on Sunday 8th of August 2010 03:23:44 PM
Old 08-08-2010
yes it is very clear thanks alot

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Performance Tool

Could someone point me in the correct direction or web link containing instructions for installing the System Performance Tool (aka STP) software on an IBM-AIX version 4.? machine. My client has the software (that came from their original server) on a 3" floppy. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/client_local/ and system performance

I'm running Solaris 8 on a Sun ULTRA 5(SPARC II CPU, 270 MHz) with 64 Mb of RAM. The machine is very, very slow even doing normal tasks such as reading mail....... I'm nearly afraid to ask it to do some real work....... On checking out the machine(which I only received last week from our IT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for system performance

I need to prepare script which will run as background process ever 30 mins to collect the following information 1. Memory usage. 2. CPU usage. 3. Number processors running. 4. System resource (CPU and Memory) used by each process. 5. Number of sessions logged PLEASE HELP ME OUT FROM THIS ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
2 Replies

4. Linux

system performance

Anyone know how to fetch the system performance information by the function except the system command? These information includes CPU load,memory usage,network load,disk capacity,etc. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How I can get System Performance on Solaris

Hi All, Can someone help me out knowing all commands for getting system performance on Solaris machines. Thanks in advance, Yagami Light. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagami
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to predict system performance?

I have received an order from upper level manager to "verify system information via Perform/predict'. They asks me to *predict* the system performance. How can I do it as a system admin without the help of application admins and DBAs? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

7. AIX

Tool to monitor the performance of the system ..

Dear experts , Pls advice for any good Tool to monitor the CPU and performance of AIX the system .. to keep monitoring to show me the utilization of that system .. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
12 Replies

8. Solaris

System performance

Hi I need to know the system performance : # echo "::memstat" | mdb -k Page Summary Pages MB %Tot ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ---- Kernel 358022 2797 9% ZFS File Data 2427072 18961 59% Anon 1096938 8569 27% Exec and libs 12020 93 0% Page cache 73859 577 2% Free... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimitris
4 Replies
IBV_FORK_INIT(3)					  Libibverbs Programmer's Manual					  IBV_FORK_INIT(3)

NAME
ibv_fork_init - initialize libibverbs to support fork() SYNOPSIS
#include <infiniband/verbs.h> int ibv_fork_init(void); DESCRIPTION
ibv_fork_init() initializes libibverbs's data structures to handle fork() function calls correctly and avoid data corruption, whether fork() is called explicitly or implicitly (such as in system()). It is not necessary to use this function if all parent process threads are always blocked until all child processes end or change address spaces via an exec() operation. RETURN VALUE
ibv_fork_init() returns 0 on success, or the value of errno on failure (which indicates the failure reason). NOTES
ibv_fork_init() works on Linux kernels supporting the MADV_DONTFORK flag for madvise() (2.6.17 and higher). Setting the environment variable RDMAV_FORK_SAFE or IBV_FORK_SAFE has the same effect as calling ibv_fork_init(). Setting the environment variable RDMAV_HUGEPAGES_SAFE tells the library to check the underlying page size used by the kernel for memory regions. This is required if an application uses huge pages either directly or indirectly via a library such as libhugetlbfs. Calling ibv_fork_init() will reduce performance due to an extra system call for every memory registration, and the additional memory allo- cated to track memory regions. The precise performance impact depends on the workload and usually will not be significant. Setting RDMAV_HUGEPAGES_SAFE adds further overhead to all memory registrations. SEE ALSO
fork(2), wait(2), system(3), exec(3), ibv_get_device_list(3) AUTHORS
Dotan Barak <dotanba@gmail.com> libibverbs 2006-10-31 IBV_FORK_INIT(3)