Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Simplifying Question Answering on the Web Post 302443375 by thegeek on Sunday 8th of August 2010 01:48:59 PM
Old 08-08-2010
Page Not Found !!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Apache web server question

Hi - Maybe not the right forum for this but I will ask anyway.. I recently installed apache on my ultra 10 - solaris 9... Working okay - and I have some docs in my htdocs directory that I can access through a web browser.. Now I want to get a bit fancy and change the home page so I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help - question needs answering????

hey, have been set this question at school and cannot think for the life of me how to do this. Ive thought about setuid/setgid and things like that but cant make any snese of it. Can anyone help? question reads: You have a file which has the names, email addresses, mobile numbers and sales... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biffa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplifying the For loop

Is there a way to simplify stating 1 through to 10, for example in a for loop construct? for x in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do .... done I have tried (1-10) with no luck.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplifying awk

tcpdump -nr testdump|awk '!/:/;gsub(/^+|+$/,""){print $3};a!~$0;{a=$0};{print $3};!/length/;/./;!/11\:/;!/8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1/;!/UDP/{b=$0} END {for (j=i-1; j>=0; ) print b };{for (i=NF; i>0; i--) printf("%s ",i);printf ("\n")}' *NOTE IN j>=0 the ; ) was given a space since a smiley is showing up...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Simplifying my script

Hi, Is there a way to simplify the below script? Because I am having problems executing this if I added this to CRON. Also, you may notice that its objective is to put all information in one file (rm1.txt). And in addition file "sRMR_6.txt" to sRMR_23.txt" changes its information everyday.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibora
4 Replies

6. Web Development

Fundamental question on web development

I am just getting into web development and I want to understand it better and more theoretically. :D So by now I can create some basic websites with html, css, php, etc, but what I do not understand is how is this then projected into the world wide web or what we call the internet??? Of course... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help simplifying an if statement

the code below is a small fragment of the actual line, in fact i have about 20 values i'm comparing and want to know if it can be simplified. other than the x.xx.xx format of the value they have nothing in common if || || ; then do this else do this fiany suggestions? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

No 1 answering my question... any reason ?

can some one please help me at my post ? for hours yet being ignored Need help on this: nonsense. can't even solve forum ask people redo whole code. LMAO - after asking 101 qns the pre result should be like this: A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanochan1
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplifying sed/tr

Hi all, I don't have much experience with shell scripting and I was wondering if there's a shorter way to write this. Basically, given a list of strings separated by new lines, I want to prepend each string with a prefix and separate the strings with commas i.e. stra strb strc becomes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vshan
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)