Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check partitions size in MB
Operating Systems SCO check partitions size in MB Post 302443335 by Habitual on Sunday 8th of August 2010 10:39:16 AM
Old 08-08-2010
df -h ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check logfile size

Hello everyone! Can anyone help me with this? I need a script that looks at a logfile and check itīs size. If itīs over a sertain size the i should get an email. Dont really know how the grep that info "the size" Please help.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Transfering size between partitions

Below is a list of the file system on my Sun system. How can I transfer more disk space from the "/space" partition to the "/" partition with out rebuilding? / /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 6191949 5736718 393312 94% /proc /proc 0 0 0 0% /dev/fd fd 0 0 0 0% /etc/mntta ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size check

How can I perform size check of any character file(which switch)? For example: I have to perform certain actions if file size is not zero. How can I do that? Is this syntax fine? if test ! -z $filename then fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check file size

Hi All, I am in small problem.. i have one script which transfers some big files to my ftp usign normal command like put .... my problem is how to check whether my file have been transferred successfully on ftp or not... i know only inside ftp we have option like 'size' command which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the size of files

Hi, I need to put a script working to see in a directory with logs if exists file or files with size more than 12Mb. If exists it shoul send mail. Can anyone help me? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for file size is zero or not.

I have following script on AIX/KSH if ] ; then echo "filename exists and is > 0 bytes" else echo "filename does not exist or is zero length" fi It is not working. What is wrong here??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file size

if ; then cp /tmp/testfolder/*.* ~/new/logs/ else echo "No files today" exit fi The problem is this doen't work when there is more than 1 file. Please tell me how to take the latest file and check the size of the file in a directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a file size

I'm doing a script thats check if mylogfile.log is bigger then 5000 but i dont know how to write it. thanks in avance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size check

I am trying to check whether two files are empty or not using below if condition but its checking for only one file if ] Again I tried if && ] Need your assistance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check used space for each partitions in Linux?

we are using Disk utilization and filesystem utilization seperately. In AIX using $lsvg rootvg datavg $lspv hdisk1 PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk1 VOLUME GROUP: datavg PV IDENTIFIER: 00f65eab7acabb17 VG IDENTIFIER 00f65eab00004c00000001567b60a848 PV STATE: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeaac
3 Replies
virt-list-partitions(1) 				      Virtualization Support					   virt-list-partitions(1)

NAME
virt-list-partitions - List partitions in a virtual machine or disk image SYNOPSIS
virt-list-partitions [--options] domname virt-list-partitions [--options] disk.img [disk.img ...] OBSOLETE
This tool is obsolete. Use virt-filesystems(1) as a more flexible replacement. DESCRIPTION
"virt-list-partitions" is a command line tool to list the partitions that are contained in a virtual machine or disk image. It is mainly useful as a first step to using virt-resize(1). "virt-list-partitions" is just a simple wrapper around libguestfs(3) functionality. For more complex cases you should look at the guestfish(1) tool. OPTIONS
--help Display brief help. --version Display version number and exit. -c URI --connect URI If using libvirt, connect to the given URI. If omitted, then we connect to the default libvirt hypervisor. If you specify guest block devices directly, then libvirt is not used at all. --format raw Specify the format of disk images given on the command line. If this is omitted then the format is autodetected from the content of the disk image. If disk images are requested from libvirt, then this program asks libvirt for this information. In this case, the value of the format parameter is ignored. If working with untrusted raw-format guest disk images, you should ensure the format is always specified. -h --human-readable Show sizes in human-readable form (eg. "1G"). -l --long With this option, "virt-list-partitions" displays the type and size of each partition too (where "type" means "ext3", "pv" etc.) -t --total Display the total size of each block device (as a separate row or rows). SHELL QUOTING
Libvirt guest names can contain arbitrary characters, some of which have meaning to the shell such as "#" and space. You may need to quote or escape these characters on the command line. See the shell manual page sh(1) for details. SEE ALSO
guestfs(3), guestfish(1), virt-filesystems(1), virt-list-filesystems(1), virt-resize(1), Sys::Guestfs(3), Sys::Guestfs::Lib(3), Sys::Virt(3), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHOR
Richard W.M. Jones <http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Red Hat Inc. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-list-partitions(1)