Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: inotify() in SCO UNIX
Operating Systems SCO inotify() in SCO UNIX Post 302443328 by pludi on Sunday 8th of August 2010 09:20:55 AM
Old 08-08-2010
AFAIK, there is none. There are similar systems for *BSD and (the BSD-based) OS X, but those are all limited to a certain OS kernel or filesystem. So it would be impossible to port to a different OS.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix system v release 3.2 (sco-unix?)

another unix printing issue. our client based pc's used to print some form's to our hp printer. as of the moment they can not print. i have checked & did the ff: #lpstat -r (scheduler is running) i dunno if i need to restart the whole unix box via shutdown or just checking at... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
15 Replies

4. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamically add paths to inotify

I have initiated an inotify process with --fromfile option and the file contain the paths to be monitored. /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotifywait -d -r -o /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotify_log --fromfile /usr/local/maldetect/sess/inotify.paths.28364 --exclude (^/var/tmp/mysql.sock)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hotfolder with inotify-tools, loop FOR not working

I can not understand why this little script with a loop processes only one file. At boot in /etc/rc.local i wrote: /usr/local/bin/./myscript & This is myscript: #!/bin/bash while inotifywait -e create /HOTFOLDER/ ; do for fullname in /HOTFOLDER/*.xlsx; do if !... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasaico
22 Replies

8. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tip: inotify cron

Dear members, moderators and others. While working on <insert project>, a need has surfaced to watch a directory, and when a file comes, to do appropriate action. So, i started writing some shell code, aware of linux inotify-tools package with inotifywait. Also, i'm seeing a lot of similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies
VX(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     VX(4)

NAME
vx -- 3Com EtherLink III / Fast EtherLink III (3c59x) Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device vx Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_vx_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The vx driver provides support for the 3Com ``Vortex'' chipset. The medium selection can be influenced by the following link flags to the ifconfig(8) command: link0 Use the AUI port. link1 Use the BNC port. link2 Use the UTP port. HARDWARE
The vx driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3c590 EtherLink III PCI o 3Com 3c592 EtherLink III EISA o 3Com 3c595 Fast EtherLink III PCI in 10 Mbps mode o 3Com 3c597 Fast EtherLink III EISA in 10 Mbps mode DIAGNOSTICS
vx%d: not configured; kernel is built for only %d devices. There are not enough devices in the kernel configuration file for the number of adapters present in the system. Add devices to the configuration file, rebuild the kernel, and reboot. All other diagnostics indicate either a hardware problem or a bug in the driver. CAVEATS
Some early-revision 3c590 cards are defective and suffer from many receive overruns, which cause lost packets. The author has attempted to implement a test for it based on the information supplied by 3Com, but the test resulted mostly in spurious warnings. The performance of this driver is somewhat limited by the fact that it uses only polled-mode I/O and does not make use of the bus-mastering capability of the cards. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The vx device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. It was derived from the ep driver, from which it inherits most of its limitations. AUTHORS
The vx device driver and this manual page were written by Fred Gray <fgray@rice.edu>, based on the work of Herb Peyerl and with the assis- tance of numerous others. BUGS
The vx driver is known not to reset the adapter correctly following a warm boot on some systems. The vx driver has not been exhaustively tested with all the models of cards that it claims to support. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD