Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ping and telnet - HP-UX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ping and telnet - HP-UX Post 302443234 by methyl on Saturday 7th of August 2010 05:00:08 PM
Old 08-07-2010
The default values are:
Code:
nsswitch.conf
hosts:          files
aliases:        files

If your nsswitch.conf is like this, it was not using DNS.

Please post:
The contents of:
Code:
/etc/nsswitch.conf
/etc/resolv.conf

And the response to:
Code:
nslookup server1
nslookup 10.100.50.10
egrep "server1|10\.100\.50\.10" /etc/hosts

Last edited by methyl; 08-07-2010 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Misplaced CODE tags (third attempt)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ping and telnet

I can ping other computers in my office. I can telnet other users in my office but i cannot get out of the office network. If i try to go out side of my network it cannot find host. Any ideas? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
5 Replies

2. SCO

Openserver 5.0.4 can't be ping or telnet into from a remote site

Hi, Can anybody help me out why l can't not ping my server with Openserver 5.0.4 with my windows machine from a remote site. The machine could see the local LAN with the Router however, i can't ping or telnet unto the server from another site on the WAN. The default gateway was configure on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
0 Replies

3. AIX

Ping/Telnet is not happening

Hi All, We are not able to ping to a AIX box...Network is ok..when we give ping from that AIX box..it is giving 0821-067 ping: The socket creation call failed.there is no enough buffer space for the requested socket operation. refresh -s inetd is also giving socket error. Please help to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

can ping but can not telnet UNIX

I have one problem and it is giving me hard time I can ping my windows machine root@x1ChXpress:/sbin >ping 192.168.129.66 192.168.129.66 is alive root@x1ChXpress:/sbin >netstat -rn Routing Table: Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

no telnet, ping ok...

We have a Sun Solaris Netra 20 server. Our O&M Server gets Alarm Processor not responding. When Alarm occurs, you can ping the sun server but cannot telnet it. We keep getting Interrupt level not serviced. var/adm/message log is > tail -f messages Apr 12 20:09:56 cama pcisch: PCI-device:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Only execute telnet and ping for user

Hello for all! This is the situation: I must create many users that only can execute telnet and ping. Create users is not a problem, but I donīt know how limit the users privileges, to only execute telnet and ping. I hope you can help me. Thank's for all. Bye :) PD: Sorry for my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
4 Replies

7. AIX

ping OK - telnet refused

Hi, After a crash of our older AIX server it happend as it is in the title: ping is ok, but telnet: What it can be this strange thing? Franci (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping,telnet, traceroute

can you provide the command in solaris8 if I wanted to ping,telnet, traceroute an IP address with a port? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies

10. BSD

Ping remote sever, nc, telnet, whatever

I put this thread to shell and bsd, because I want to resolve this matter on bsd. May somebody can explain to me how to ping a remote server, in unix. BTW the following code examples were tried on a linux system as well, with the same output, nothing. But on my bsd are not installed nmap neither... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
4 Replies
asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)

NAME
list-authdbs - gets the authorized database SYNOPSIS
list-authdbs --user admin_user[--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s][--instance instance_name] --virtualserver virtualserver_ID authdb_ID Gets the access control lists associated with the named server instance. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. --virtualserver virtual server ID. It can also be referred to as the variable $id in an obj.conf file. A virtual server ID cannot begin with a number. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance. Example 1: Using list-authdbs asadmin> lsit-authdbs --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 --virtualserver server1 server1 default sampleAuth Where: default and sampleAuth are the authdb IDs in virtual server server1 and instance server1 listed. asadmin% list-authdbs --instance server1 EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-authdb(1AS), asadmin-delete-authdb(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)