Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vi next buffer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vi next buffer Post 302443180 by JCR on Saturday 7th of August 2010 10:23:13 AM
Old 08-07-2010
I have actually realized that my version of vim was the default one of my Centos 5 distrob. I installed vim from source and I can now use the :bn command and so on

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Buffer

Hi, if someone now how can look the last commands has used for last week? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vm and buffer cache

i have a serious doubht about the assignment of memory in hp-ux system . i read from somewhere that the page allocation in hp-ux is not unified unlike compaq . i wanted to know in hp-ux kernel ,once the pages are assigned for the univarsal buffer cache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
2 Replies

3. Programming

buffer the output

Hai Friends I am writing a cgi program in C. The CGI program has a link to start my tcp chat server... The tcp chat server prints some information when it starts... I have captured the informations and sent to the client browser through the cgi program... But the output is displayed all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

buffer question

Hi... I have a question about how many lines the window can remember... is there an environemtn varible for this I can change??? I'm not talking about how many previous commands it remembers. I am talking about how many lines it remembers and for how many lines I can press "page-up" and I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmanchur.
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Buffer Cache

What is the "Buffer Cache" used for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
1 Replies

6. Linux

Buffer IO error

Hi guys, Currently i have a IBM x366 running on Red Hat 4 attached to a DS4800. I've configured 10 LUNs to the server. Somehow, there is a lot buffer io error on device whenever it boot and when i issue the command dmesg. My kernel is 2.6.9-22.ELsmp. I've updated the hba qla2300 firmware to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raybakh
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is my buffer empty in vi?

this question is probably trivial to most of you but i do not have the answer. the task is simple... yank 7 lines of text from one file and paste them to another so while in command mode i enter "b7yy and i get 7 lines yanked exit vi with :q! open the new file while in command mode i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed buffer

Hi. I have some questions about using sed. I cannot use the hold buffer. For example i want to put first line to the buffer than take second line and append the buffer to the second line.then 3th to the all. It will be like 2->1->3 th lines. Any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: burakkilic
1 Replies

9. Programming

buffer in C

Hello, size_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count) { static size_t (*write_func)(int, const void *, size_t) = NULL; if (!write_func) write_func = (size_t(*)(int, const void *, size_t)) dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "write"); char tmp; memcpy(tmp,buf,count); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bounded Buffer is hanging, tried all I can. (C++)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: My problem is that when creating my producers and consumers, if I don't create an equal number of both, the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalbrainiac
12 Replies
VIDIR(1)																  VIDIR(1)

NAME
vidir - edit directory SYNOPSIS
vidir [--verbose] [directory|file|-] ... DESCRIPTION
vidir allows editing of the contents of a directory in a text editor. If no directory is specified, the current directory is edited. When editing a directory, each item in the directory will appear on its own numbered line. These numbers are how vidir keeps track of what items are changed. Delete lines to remove files from the directory, or edit filenames to rename files. You can also switch pairs of numbers to swap filenames. Note that if "-" is specified as the directory to edit, it reads a list of filenames from stdin and displays those for editing. Alternatively, a list of files can be specified on the command line. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Verbosely display the actions taken by the program. EXAMPLES
vidir vidir *.jpeg Typical uses. find | vidir - Edit subdirectory contents too. To delete subdirectories, delete all their contents and the subdirectory itself in the editor. find -type f | vidir - Edit all files under the current directory and subdirectories. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
EDITOR Editor to use. VISUAL Also supported to determine what editor to use. AUTHOR
Copyright 2006 by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL. moreutils 2010-04-28 VIDIR(1)