Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas ) Post 302443167 by filosophizer on Saturday 7th of August 2010 08:32:26 AM
Old 08-07-2010
ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello,

How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ?

I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM.

Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Memory usage statistic? (topas, nmon)

hi, how can i diplay: - the ammount RAM used /free - ammount of ram used from a pid or prozess we have the problem, that malloc is returing a NULL pointer errno = 12 ( not enough space). but i think there is still ram free. nmon : shows all memory used ? Memory Use Physical Virtual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

skgpspawn failed running oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on aix 5.3

Hi, I am running an oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on ibm p5 550 aix 5.3 with 10g ram, 10G swap space 3 database instances each SGA about 500Meg. I am getting the following error in my alert log file from time to time: skgpspawn failed:category = 27142, depinfo = 11, op = fork, loc = skgpspawn3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkerpacific
0 Replies

3. AIX

nmon vs topas

good morning what is the better solution to examen a P570 ? because i use topas and nmon, and the results are totally different !!! with nmon, i have 80% free cpu, and with nmon, i have 90% of used cpu !!!!!! i take a shot with an intervall of 10s during 10 mn. thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script automatically when threshold limit met in one of the field in oracle database

Hi Guys, Need you help in one point! I am working on one shell script which takes following steps : 1. Taking one query result from oracle database 2. Exporting that result to Xls file 3. Mailing that file to my own mail ID Now, I want to give a threshold limit to one of the column... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
0 Replies

7. AIX

Need to check long running processes on the database server and the os is AIX

Hello, Please help me with a script with which I can check long running processes on the database server and the os is AIX. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX server running very slow

Hello, All the commands on AIX are running very slow. Below is few stats but I didn't find any issue in cpu or memory reosurces vmstat System configuration: lcpu=4 mem=6144MB ent=1.00 kthr memory page faults cpu ----- -----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies
PRDB_CHECK(8)						       AFS Command Reference						     PRDB_CHECK(8)

NAME
prdb_check - Checks the integrity of the Protection Database SYNOPSIS
prdb_check -database <ptdb file> [-uheader] [-pheader] [-entries] [-verbose] [-help] prdb_check -d <ptdb file> [-u] [-p] [-e] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The prdb_check command checks the integrity of the Protection Database, reporting any errors or corruption it finds. If there are problems, do not issue any pts commands until the database is repaired. CAUTIONS
The results can be unpredictable if the Protection Server makes changes to the Protection Database while this command is running. Use the bos shutdown command to shutdown the local ptserver process before running this command, or before creating a second copy of the prdb.DB0 file (with a different name) on which to run the command. OPTIONS
-database <ptdb file> Names the Protection Database (copy of the prdb.DB0 file) to check. If the current working directory is not the location of the file, provide a pathname, either full or relative to the current working directory. -uheader Displays information which Ubik maintains in the database's header. -pheader Displays information which the Protection Server maintains in the database's header. -entries Outputs every entry in the database. Some of the information is similar to that returned by the pts examine command. -verbose Reports additional information about the database, including the number of entries in the database and a trace of the internal database structures the command is verifying. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If there are errors in the database, the output always reports them on the standard error stream. If any options other than -database or -help are provided, the output written to the standard output stream includes additional information as described for each option in OPTIONS. The output is intended for debugging purposes and is meaningful to someone familiar with the internal structure of the Protection Database. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser "root". SEE ALSO
prdb.DB0(5), bos_shutdown(8), pts_examine(1), ptserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 PRDB_CHECK(8)