Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gcc compiling error
Top Forums Programming gcc compiling error Post 302443113 by jim mcnamara on Friday 6th of August 2010 04:31:15 PM
Old 08-06-2010
More likely a completely different compiler.

What does
Code:
which cc

show on both systems (8 & 10)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

beginner at C: Need help compiling/linking with gcc

I'm trying to do something fairly simple but keep getting frustrating messages.. Here it is: I have 3 files: init.h <header> init.c <#include <curses.h> and "init.h"> main.c <#include "init.h"> now, how can I compile my main.c using gcc? ( I have a hard time making the init.o) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: My_Name
1 Replies

2. Programming

syntax error while compiling in gcc

hello, i have a structure defined as follows struct Image { int lenght; int height; }; and i have another structure where i declare a array of the above structure struct ShapeImage { Image image; }; when i compile this code with gcc it shows me the following error : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors compiling gcc 4.2.1

Hello, I have never had a successful compile on the 2.6 kernel. On every arch in which I try to compile gcc I get either "i686-pc-cygwin-ar command not found or "i686-suse-linux-ar command not found. This always happens during the make process after configure checks for ar and finds it's just ar.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
2 Replies

4. Programming

gcc compiling with -DUSE_LONGLONG

Sorry for a silly question. I a program that need to compile with -DUSE_LONGLONG to turn on the long Int as the document of that program said so, but I really don't know how to do this. I normally do this: ./configure make make install and it works fine. But I don't know how to compile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
2 Replies

5. Programming

probs compiling with gcc + lpthread

Im trying to write a program atm which uses mutexes to control thread access to a certain code section ( the critical section). However, whenever I compile the code using gcc I get the following message from gcc Unresolved text symbol "pthread_mutex_lock" Unresolved text symbol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem compiling Samba 3.5.1 on Solaris 10 with gcc (3.4.6)

I'm getting this error when 'Linking shared library bin/libtalloc.so.2'... anyone know what's up here? Using CFLAGS = -O -I. -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3 -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/../lib/popt -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/iniparser/src -Iinclude -I./include -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with static compiling - GCC

Hi guys. I want to compile three files: gcc -static main.c fib.c fib.h it is pure C i mean i use standard C library. but it gives me this error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc collect2: ld returned 1 exit status what should i do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
4 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling a 64 bits program using gcc

Hi Everyone, I can ask what is the option to compile a 64 bits program using gcc. I have looked everywhere but can't find it. Before I used to use cc and the -q64 flag was the option to generate the 64 bits binary. Can anyone tell me what is the flags when using gcc. Thanks...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling libcdio-paranoia, gcc found - C compiler doesnt work

Heyas I'm currently trying to make a fresh build from scratch/source of FFMPEG. This said, it brings quite a tail with it, so the use of a script was very obvious. Anyway, i'm currently stuck at named package. Lets ignore the tarball/download line, as the error is after. Commands... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library

First of all -- thanks for being patient with me. I hope I'm submitting this correctly. Also I haven't done UNIX Admin since the early 1990's. I'm actually a DBA. But, since I'm the one in the office with the UNIX experience, I'm the SA. I haven't been able to compile GCC 6.3.0 which I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
9 Replies
F77(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    F77(3)

NAME
ExtUtils::F77 - Simple interface to F77 libs DESCRIPTION
This module tries to figure out how to link C programs with Fortran subroutines on your system. Basically one must add a list of Fortran runtime libraries. The problem is their location and name varies with each OS/compiler combination! This module tries to implement a simple 'rule-of-thumb' database for various flavours of UNIX systems. A simple self-documenting Perl database of knowledge/code for figuring out how to link for various combinations of OS and compiler is embedded in the modules Perl code. Please help save the world by sending database entries for your system to karl_pgplot@mac.com The library list which the module returns can be explicitly overridden by setting the environment variable F77LIBS, e.g. % setenv F77LIBS "-lfoo -lbar" % perl Makefile.PL ... SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::F77; # Automatic guess use ExtUtils::F77 qw(sunos); # Specify system use ExtUtils::F77 qw(linux g77); # Specify system and compiler $fortranlibs = ExtUtils::F77->runtime; METHODS
The following methods are provided: o runtime Returns a list of F77 runtime libraries. $fortranlibs = ExtUtils::F77->runtime; o runtimeok Returns TRUE only if runtime libraries have been found successfully. o trail_ Returns true if F77 names have trailing underscores. o compiler Returns command to execute the compiler (e.g. 'f77'). o cflags Returns compiler flags. o testcompiler Test to see if compiler actually works. More methods will probably be added in the future. AUTHOR
Karl Glazebrook (kgb@aaoepp.aao.GOV.AU). perl v5.12.1 2007-04-02 F77(3)