Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OBP update
Operating Systems Solaris OBP update Post 302443026 by Celtic_Monkey on Friday 6th of August 2010 09:22:07 AM
Old 08-06-2010
OBP updates are nomally supplied as patches from sites like sunsolve etc.

take a look on there using the search term "OBP" & "flash update", there are instructions on how to apply the patches in the readme.

Edit: Just had a quick look on there now: the patch id seems to be:119235

Unbundled Product: Hardware/PROM

Unbundled Release: OBP 4.17.1,OBDIAG 4.17.1,POST_2.0.1

Last edited by Celtic_Monkey; 08-06-2010 at 10:33 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP saying boot is disabled??

Hi all, need your help again :P I am trying to build a server in work, and it comes up with the OBP (Open Boot Prompt) and when i try and install the cdrom "boot cdrom -s" it throws back the following error: "System is not bootable, boot command is disabled" This is trying to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemperFi
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

3. Solaris

OBP on Solaris 10-intel

Hi All, How can I go to OBP on Solaris 10-intel? I tried doing ctrl+c or ctrl+break, it won't go to the "ok" prompt. Thanks in advance, itik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

4. Solaris

OBP search...

Hello experts... In OBP(OK prompt)... How can i know whole command if i know part of a command? Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

5. Solaris

T2000 ALOM reset to OBP

Every time I would try to send a break to my T2000 I would get this Debugging requested; hardware watchdog suspended. c)ontinue, s)ync, r)eset? I couldn't get into OBP. Here's what I found to do... sc> bootmode Bootmode: normal sc> bootmode reset_nvram sc> bootmode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediis
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to practice OBP without having sun system.

Hi all, I have installed VM (solaris 10) , but i want to practice OBP, how will i practice OBP? Is there any virtual sort of thing for pratice? ---------- Post updated at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:28 AM ---------- How will i practice Aliasing without usin OBP? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP explained.

Hi Gurus, Correct me if I am wrong. Booting an OS means loading it in memory . What is OBP in solaris. If we are typing some commands at ok> where are we actually do that. What is the difference between frimware and OBP. I know I am asking silly things but I need answers. :):) Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with OBP.

Hi Gurus, I am totally confused :wall: . I have some questions regarding OBP,EEPROMand NVRAM, BIOS. What actually are these how do they function and interact on a Sparc based solaris system. What is ok> ? What is system Firmware ? How does the system startup? Trying to google... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
8 Replies

9. Solaris

V240 no OBP or console available

Hey guys, I recently replaced the heatsinks on two different V240's. Repasted and replaced them myself. After attempting to bring them back up, there was no display coming from the KVM. I figured it was a matter of environment in OBP and attempted to get to the OK prompt from the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielSluder
20 Replies

10. Solaris

T4-2 OBP problem

Hi can anyone help me Got a T4-2, when I try to save any enviroment varaible at the OBP for instance auto-boot false or output-device screen I get the error: Warning: Error storing configuration. No space left, check SP and other logs. Cleared the SP logs (well only ones I could find) did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies
diff2patches(1) 														   diff2patches(1)

NAME
diff2patches - Extract non-debian/ patches from .diff.gz files SYNTAX
diff2patches filename diff2patches --help|--version DESCRIPTION
Extracts patches from .diff.gz which apply to files outside the "debian/" directory scope. A patch is created for each modified file. Each patch is named according to the path of the modified file, with "/" replaced by "___", and an extension of ".patch". OPTIONS
filename Extract patches from filename which apply outside the "debian/" directory. --help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. FILES
debian/control Existence of this file is tested before any patch is extracted. debian/ debian/patches/ Patches are extracted to one of these directories. "debian/patches/" is preferred, if it exists. If DEB_PATCHES is present in the environment, it will override this behavior (see "ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" section below). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEB_PATCHES When defined and points to an existing directory, patches are extracted in that directory and not under "debian/" nor "debian/patches/". SEE ALSO
combinediff(1) AUTHOR
Raphael Geissert <atomo64@gmail.com> Raphael Geissert <;atomo64@gmail.com> diff2patches(1)