Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Shutdown to a Halt and restart Post 302443019 by vis1512 on Friday 6th of August 2010 08:35:30 AM
Old 08-06-2010
`init 5` powers off the box in Solaris.. Check it out whether it works in HP-UX as well.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where's solaris halt log?

hi folks could tell my anyone where solaris 8 stores the logs about shutdown/halt command. I found no entries in syslog, but there more logs directories. probabaly a stupid question, but fast help would be great! thanks king regards, patrick (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrsaint
6 Replies

2. Programming

How to halt Prog Execution for some time?

Hi, Perhaps I am asking a silly question, but I really don't know about it. Can anyone tell me the function for "sleep" kind of functionality in C language for Unix. I don't think any function with the name of sleep() exits in Unix's C language. or perhaps I am not known with the header file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahsan
3 Replies

3. Solaris

difference b/w halt shutdown

Hi, I want to know the difference between halt and shutdown commands and which is better to use? Regards, visu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: visu_ak
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Restart/Shutdown the Solaris from SC>

Hi Experts, I am running solris 9. Sun-Fire 880. How do i shutdowon the whole server using ALOM i.e sc> console. If the server is down or somehow hang How do i Restart from sc> //purple (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

5. Solaris

unable to halt the zone

Hi Experts, I have to delete the non- global zone from one of the server. As per my understanding we need to halt the zone , then uninstall and later delete it with zoneadm however once I am trying to halt the zone the screen is getting hanged, after canceling the process and... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
23 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Open Server 6 - System Halt

========================================================= Errrr previously post: https://www.unix.com/sco/140055-sco-open-server-6-system-halt.html Then I think it's better to post here. If I wrong, please ignore. ========================================================= Dear All, Newbie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virgani
1 Replies

8. Linux

Delay gnome shutdown/restart

Hi to all. My first message here, but i following you via twitter feed from many time... The question: I need to delay 5-10 seconds the shutdown command executed when the user click on the power off/reboot in their session or at login screen. I need that because i have in the background a... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mendez
18 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris paging bringing system to halt

Hi experts, I am running a solaris 10 with oracle 10 on a system with 96 GB physical memory. the system has a lot of swap space. the oracle SGA is 50 GB and PGA 40 GB. Here are the stats vmstat -i interrupt total rate -------------------------------- clock ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
5 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)