Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Netgear dg834g with Ubuntu 10.4 Post 302442744 by mghis on Thursday 5th of August 2010 10:16:10 AM
Old 08-05-2010
Netgear dg834g with Ubuntu 10.4

I have to buy a new router. I looked for the Netgear dg834g.
Does it work fine with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.4?
Anyone is usig this router?
I'll need a modem to reach the Internet?

Thanks for any reply! Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Netgear wireless router as Access Point

Hi guys, I want to setup AP using an NETGEAR WGR614 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless Router The router works fine, but I don't have internet access. I will describe the structure of the net to explain it: I have one server (Free BSD 7) with 2 LAN PCI cards: re0 - it is connected to my ISP ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitemap
2 Replies

2. Linux

Netgear WG511T mandrake 9.1 driver?

Does anyone know how or where I can get a pcmcia netgear driver for mandrake 9.1.. Searching the net but not having much luck with this.. Can anyone point me to some good websites? Thanks, Jaz edit: I have tried creating a netgear.conf file in /etc/pcmcia and using the cardctl ident to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to WiFi using Netgear

hi i am pradeep.i am new to linux and i am facing problem connecting to net i am using ubunto 9.0.4 and my network connections are showing signals but i coudnt connect to internet my proxy setting are correct i used idea net setter also and i faced the same problem.if some one can help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chauda
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Trouble setting up a static IP on NetGear DGN1000

I have been trying to setup a static ip, however everytime I do so my internet disconnects and won't connect untill I switch back to dynamic. My router is a NetGear DGN1000 and I'm using it wired. Could anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zomigosh
0 Replies

6. Hardware

Help with bandwidth Limit for netgear

Hello All , Hope you are doing good. I have a netgear router + modem in my home . My roommate brought his friend as a guest , he is downloading stuff like crazy day and night , while talking with my friend in India got to know there is concept called BANDWIDTH LIMIT wherein i can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about how these routers work.. I bought a Netgear C3700 modem router on eBay about a month ago and couldn't get it to broadcast internet, neither wired nor wireless. When I plug it in and turn it on, all lights come on, but the internet light keeps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies
RRENUMD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RRENUMD(8)

NAME
rrenumd -- router renumbering daemon SYNOPSIS
rrenumd [-df] [-c conf_file | -s] DESCRIPTION
The rrenumd utility transmits router renumbering request packets, to renumber the routers in the site network. On KAME-based systems, router renumbering requests are received and processed by rtadvd(8). For other systems, refer to relevant documents. The program will daemonize itself on invocation. It reads configuration information from standard input if -s is specified, or from conf_file if -c conf_file is specified. The contents of configuration information are described in rrenumd.conf(5). After successful configuration, rrenumd sends router renumbering messages periodically to configured destinations. Messages contain prefixes configured to be renumbered. -d Debug mode. -f Foreground mode. Do not become daemon. -s Script mode. Configuration information is obtained from standard input. -c conf_file Specify a configuration file where configuration information is kept. EXIT STATUS
The program exits with 0 on success, and non-zero on failures. SEE ALSO
rrenumd.conf(5), rtadvd(8) STANDARDS
Matt Crawford, Router Renumbering for IPv6, RFC, 2894, August 2000. HISTORY
The rrenumd utility first appeared in KAME IPv6 protocol stack kit. BSD
September 7, 1998 BSD