Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Correct a pattern format using sed Post 302442730 by yuesko on Thursday 5th of August 2010 09:21:03 AM
Old 08-05-2010
Correct a pattern format using sed

hi all
I have a file with many lines like
Code:
aa;bb;cc;dd;ee
bb;aa;dd;ee;bb
cc;ee;bb;dd;aa
ee;cc;bb;aa;dd

etc
The first line is in right format,Please help me how to use "SED" to change the rest of the lines to the format like line 1

thank all!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Correct format in a log file

I'm trying to read the output of a .sql script (simple insert and commit oracle pl/slq script) to a log file using a shell script. My problem is I end up with a log file that looks like this: sd12@phenix97:/detain/sd12/logs > cat 20071205_detain_20071206.log 12320496 rows created. Commit... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sd12
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing out multiple lines with a correct format

Hello, This is my first post and I've just started on UNIX in school. A file name "list" has the following content (excluding the numbers and the bottom part): 1 2 3 4 5 6 0123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 IT ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooolway
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit if date not in correct format

Can somone take a look at this script for me - I'm trying to get it to exit if the format of dateToLookFor is not in the format YYYYMMDD: function search { cd $logsloc echo "Enter date in format YYYYMMDD (enter to exit):" read dateToLookFor echo $dateToLookFor | grep -q ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dates not comparing correct even the same format

I have the date of the file passed into a variable also current date formatted same passed into a separate variable and compare the two with an if statement and statement always comes up false. Even though I verified the dates. Any help would be awesome. Filecrtdate=`ls -l $i | awk '{print... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderanger
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if date format is correct?

Hi! how do i know if the input is the same as the required date format? the date should be dd/mm/YYYY ex. 2/3/2012 or 15/11/2012 all the following conditions must return an error: *input of string *day is > 31 or < 1 *month is > 12 or < 1 *year is < 2013 suppose the date format is stored... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angilulu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Downloaded file is not correct format

Hi, Recently we migrated an application in HP UX to Linux. The files(scripts & logs)download from HP UX coming in a formatted way in MS notepad. However the files in Linux are not in correct format in MS notepad(No spaces , some spl symbols like square).We tried both ASCII and binary but no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html output in correct format

Hi, I am running two scripts as below. In Script 1 i am getting correct output in proper HTML format while in script 2 i am not getting output in mail and only html code is getting printed.I want to get the output of script 2. Please guide. 1.IFILE=/home/home01/Report.csv if #Checks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not in correct format - cd script

I have a script that looks like this: dirname2=/usr/tmp/filelist/*/* for dirname2 in /tmp/filelist/*/*; do (cd $dirname2/catalog ||echo "file does not exist" && echo "$dirname2" |cut -d '/' -f 7,8 && echo $i && ls -la |awk 'NR>3 {SUM += $5} END { print "Total number of kb " SUM }');done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the correct format of file Name

All, Objective : Extract the correct format of a file name. Please share the script command which will extract the correct format of the file after untarring. Example : If the file is of .csv format then extract filename.csv if the file is having .CSV then extract the same.CSV if the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mahesh G
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)