Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if condition not evaluating as expected Post 302442690 by pravin27 on Thursday 5th of August 2010 05:34:46 AM
Old 08-05-2010
hi ,
Something like this ?

Code:
 awk '{if ($1==1 && $2 < 3) { print "1"} else {print "0"}}' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating params

Hi all, I ve a script like.... TBL=employee sql=`cat abhi.sql` \\ abhi.sql contains ------- select a from $TBL echo $TBL echo $sql SQL=`echo $sql` echo $SQL now i want SQL as select a from employee and as select a from $TBL How can I achieve this? Help appriciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abzi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

* character evaluating too soon - Help!

I have a user defined configuration file, which could contain the following type of entries: directory_001=/a/directory/structure pattern_001=fred* pattern_002=* I have a script which reads the file generically which will loop round loop 1 genvar=”directory” iteration=”001” ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating date +%m

how do i evaluate the value of date if ( $(date +%m) > 8 ) then FY_STAMP=FY$(echo $(($(date +%Y) + 1)) | cut -c3-4) else FY_STAMP=FY$(date +%y) fi i want this to make the FY_STAMP increment by 1 if the month is september and up. but cant seem to make it work (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsf01
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$# is evaluating to 1 when no value

I have the following in my makefile: RESULT=`../${TOOLS_ROOT_PATH}/ext_tools.sh 11`; \ set $$RESULT > tMp; \ rm tMp; \ if ; then \ echo copying external-local tool: $< \($$*\); \ mkdir -p ${EXTERNAL_LOCAL_BIN_DIR}/$<; \ cp -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_ryan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating a variable

Does anyone know of a way to force a variable name held in another variable to return the value of the first variable? Best if I give an example, that does not work: /usr/local/bin >cat mike.sh NUM1ref=16 NUM2ref=32 echo "==============" for VAR in NUM1 NUM2 do XXXX=${VAR}ref echo $XXXX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejordan
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing and Evaluating

Hi Guys, Good day ULF :) I hope you can help me again with my problem. I have a file which looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server3 Dec 18 21:31:12 AHM04 nseventmgr: EVENT-SET:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition-integer expression expected

Hi , getting error in below code integer expression expected. its due to floating point. plz help me to solve this ADV1=94.3 Quantity=96.3 if ; then echo "quantity is greter" fi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition error: integer expression expected

I am trying to run following condition with both variables having numeric values "1,2,3" if ;when i run it i get following error: $NEW_STATE: integer expression expected Please correct me where I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to check either New State is greater or Old state.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected, if condition test error.

Hi All, I'm assigning a numeric value to variable count=2, well its being assigned by code above the if condition. I want to test for 2 conditions , when $count = 0 or $count <=2 and do something when the condition matches. here is my code, but i run into the infamous : if ] then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem evaluating condition

First, given this bit of code (line numbers included for reference: 59 get_all_db () { 60 #echo getting all db 61 dblist=`egrep -i "product/12" /etc/oratab |grep -v "listener"|\ 62 awk -F\: '{print $1}'|sort` 63 echo list is $dblist 64 echo 65 echo 66 echo "INSTANCE_NAME ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
15 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD