Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if condition not evaluating as expected Post 302442690 by pravin27 on Thursday 5th of August 2010 05:34:46 AM
Old 08-05-2010
hi ,
Something like this ?

Code:
 awk '{if ($1==1 && $2 < 3) { print "1"} else {print "0"}}' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating params

Hi all, I ve a script like.... TBL=employee sql=`cat abhi.sql` \\ abhi.sql contains ------- select a from $TBL echo $TBL echo $sql SQL=`echo $sql` echo $SQL now i want SQL as select a from employee and as select a from $TBL How can I achieve this? Help appriciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abzi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

* character evaluating too soon - Help!

I have a user defined configuration file, which could contain the following type of entries: directory_001=/a/directory/structure pattern_001=fred* pattern_002=* I have a script which reads the file generically which will loop round loop 1 genvar=”directory” iteration=”001” ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

evaluating date +%m

how do i evaluate the value of date if ( $(date +%m) > 8 ) then FY_STAMP=FY$(echo $(($(date +%Y) + 1)) | cut -c3-4) else FY_STAMP=FY$(date +%y) fi i want this to make the FY_STAMP increment by 1 if the month is september and up. but cant seem to make it work (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsf01
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$# is evaluating to 1 when no value

I have the following in my makefile: RESULT=`../${TOOLS_ROOT_PATH}/ext_tools.sh 11`; \ set $$RESULT > tMp; \ rm tMp; \ if ; then \ echo copying external-local tool: $< \($$*\); \ mkdir -p ${EXTERNAL_LOCAL_BIN_DIR}/$<; \ cp -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake_ryan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating a variable

Does anyone know of a way to force a variable name held in another variable to return the value of the first variable? Best if I give an example, that does not work: /usr/local/bin >cat mike.sh NUM1ref=16 NUM2ref=32 echo "==============" for VAR in NUM1 NUM2 do XXXX=${VAR}ref echo $XXXX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejordan
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing and Evaluating

Hi Guys, Good day ULF :) I hope you can help me again with my problem. I have a file which looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server3 Dec 18 21:31:12 AHM04 nseventmgr: EVENT-SET:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition-integer expression expected

Hi , getting error in below code integer expression expected. its due to floating point. plz help me to solve this ADV1=94.3 Quantity=96.3 if ; then echo "quantity is greter" fi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition error: integer expression expected

I am trying to run following condition with both variables having numeric values "1,2,3" if ;when i run it i get following error: $NEW_STATE: integer expression expected Please correct me where I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to check either New State is greater or Old state.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected, if condition test error.

Hi All, I'm assigning a numeric value to variable count=2, well its being assigned by code above the if condition. I want to test for 2 conditions , when $count = 0 or $count <=2 and do something when the condition matches. here is my code, but i run into the infamous : if ] then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem evaluating condition

First, given this bit of code (line numbers included for reference: 59 get_all_db () { 60 #echo getting all db 61 dblist=`egrep -i "product/12" /etc/oratab |grep -v "listener"|\ 62 awk -F\: '{print $1}'|sort` 63 echo list is $dblist 64 echo 65 echo 66 echo "INSTANCE_NAME ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
15 Replies
XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)

NAME
xsil2graphics - generate scripts to load xsil output data files SYNOPSIS
xsil2graphics [options] <xsil_file> DESCRIPTION
Utility program bundled with xmds, used to generate scripts that load simulation output data into either matlab (http://www.mathworks.com) or scilab (http://www.scilab.org), which are then used to manipulate the results further if necessary and then to present the results graphically. Matlab To generate a matlab m-file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics data_file.xsil or bash$ xsil2graphics --matlab data_file.xsil Then at the matlab command prompt: >> data_file Scilab To generate a scilab script file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab data_file.xsil Then at the scilab command prompt: --> exec('data_file.sci') OPTIONS
-m, --matlab generate matlab m-file script to load data from the xsil data file (the default option) -s, -scilab generate scilab script file to load data from the xsil data file -o, --outfile <out_file> specify an alternative output script filename to the default which is the input xsil filename with the .xsil extension changed to either .m for the matlab m-file or .sci for the scilab script file EXAMPLES
bash$ xsil2graphics nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.m to load the data into matlab bash$ xsil2graphics -m nlse.xsil Also generates the output nlse.m but explicitly sets matlab to be the output format bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.sci to load the data into scilab bash$ xsil2graphics --outfile nlse_new.m nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse_new.m to load the data into matlab AUTHORS
Originally written by Greg Collecutt Maintained by Paul Cochrane with code contributed by Joe Hope BUGS
No known bugs. SEE ALSO
xmds(1), loadxsil(1) http://www.xmds.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Code contributed by Greg Collecutt, Joseph Hope and Paul Cochrane This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.8.2 2004-06-21 XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)