Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to Restrict user login after certain time in Solaris?? Post 302442625 by alessandro31 on Thursday 5th of August 2010 02:39:45 AM
Old 08-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamadhavan
I guess you may use crontabs for this.
Thanks for your reply, but would you please give me more details ???

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic time out of user login

I have asked by our security team to implement an automatic time out for user logins after a specified time interval. I have never heard of this feature in Unix before. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this for HP-UX 11i? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get all user's login time

hi all, i need yor help!!!:D i am a newbie in programming i want to get user list and their login time... i have search and learn about pswd and utmp, but i only can get usr list without their login time... do you have an idea to solve my problem? thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alif
5 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enforce login as specific user in Solaris

Hi, I need to implement something that will enforce login to a Solaris server as a particular, specifed user. After this login stage, users will be able to "su -" to whichever user they wish, by which time their activity will be captured by some sort of script (yet to be written). What I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamiegeo1
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

5. SCO

Restrict user from breaking out of login script

I have a login script similar to where the user's shell in /etc/passwd is set to csh: echo "In .login" setenv SHELL /bin/csh /bin/sh -c trap "" 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 15 /path/to/application logout --------------------- however, even with the trap command the user is still able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10

Hi all, I want to create a new user and grant him ONLY transfer files access to a specific directory where he can only upload and read the files. He should be restricted to this activity only. Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilldn
6 Replies

7. AIX

User login time

I want to set the "logintimes" variable for a user on a server who need access mornings and night how to I set the "logintimes" I want the user to log in from 08:00 to 12:00 and 17:00 to 21:00 is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

8. Solaris

HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris?

Hi Admins, HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris ? And do I need to insatll any packages before doing this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
KF(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     KF(1)

NAME
kf -- securely forward tickets SYNOPSIS
kf [-p port | --port=port] [-l login | --login=login] [-c ccache | --ccache=ccache] [-F | --forwardable] [-G | --no-forwardable] [-h | --help] [--version] host ... DESCRIPTION
The kf program forwards tickets to a remote host through an authenticated and encrypted stream. Options supported are: -p port, --port=port port to connect to -l login, --login=login remote login name -c ccache, --ccache=ccache remote cred cache -F, --forwardable forward forwardable credentials -G, --no-forwardable do not forward forwardable credentials -h, --help --version kf is useful when you do not want to enter your password on a remote host but want to have your tickets one for example AFS. In order for kf to work you will need to acquire your initial ticket with forwardable flag, i.e. kinit --forwardable. telnet is able to forward tickets by itself. SEE ALSO
kinit(1), telnet(1), kfd(8) Heimdal July 2, 2000 Heimdal