Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris ftp
Operating Systems Solaris solaris ftp Post 302442534 by jld on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 03:01:00 PM
Old 08-04-2010
Using the telnet version.
But when I enter the credentials in the 7000 sim then I get the following.

Code:
stor:maintenance system updates download (uncommitted)> commit
error: download failed: Server denied you to change to the given directory
stor:maintenance system updates download (uncommitted)> get
                           url = ftp://192.168.1.6/export/ak/update/a...-1-1-18-nd.pkg
                          user = root
                      password = ******
stor:maintenance system updates download (uncommitted)>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP configuration in Solaris 5.7

Hi everybody ! How can I configure the ftp in solaris systems ? Wich files ? To resume : I want to create a user wich can get from a ftp session running from a PC, some files without going up in the directories. If I attached the ksh or sh shell to the user, he can go wherever he wants. If I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarcoW
7 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Solaris 8 ftp access

I just setup my ftp server on Solaris 8. Everything works fine...except I do not want to allow certain users to be able to change directories outside of their /home directory. In other wors I don't want everyone to be able to view files in other folders outside of their home directoy. I know how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jskillet
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp time on Solaris 8

Hello all, Does anyone know how to set the timeout limit on Solaris ftp machine. Thanks all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

4. Linux

Unattended ftp to Solaris

I have a Red Hat 9 server which I am attempting to ftp a file to a Solaris 8 server using a shell script to perform an unattended ftp. I have the following script setup to run: #!/bin/sh # cd /tmp ftp -v 192.20.20.5 << EOF 2>&1 cd /tmp put gatherstats bye EOF I created the .netrc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Ftp Proxy Solaris 8

Hi All, I need help using the native Solaris 8 ftp client. I need to ftp through a ftp proxy. How would this be confiured on Solaris 8? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

7. Solaris

problem ftp solaris 10

I there i have a big problem i make some changes in the /etc/ftpd/ftpaccess , and after that i restart the service with #svcadm refresh /network/ftp:default but the changes dont take efect , i also trie with #svcadm restart /network/ftp:default with the same result I cant restart the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonzo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

FTP Server on Solaris

Hi, For past couple of years I have managed FTP Server requirement in my org by configuring default ftp server that comes with Solaris. I am evaluating new 3rd party ftp server that runs on Solaris/Linux. I have zeroed down on jscape FTP server which works both on Solaris/Linux as per... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: menonk
3 Replies

9. Solaris

FTP not working Solaris 10

Hi All, I have a problem with FTP service on Solaris 10. Whenever I try to FTP to one machine locally (ftp localhost) or from other machine I don't get any response, I see the ftp service on the machine is online and listening to port 21 but ftp is not responding. Also it seems i can't... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: belal84
16 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris FTP authentication

Dears, Is there any way to secure ftp communication using transport layer security authentication /auth tls/? My background is solaris 10, wuftp. Scanned Solaris hosts in our network and found some insecure communications. Read all documents from oracle.com. But cannot find anything about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sembii
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)