Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logging Remote SSH command (cannot log a java output) Post 302442506 by Scott on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 01:22:16 PM
Old 08-04-2010
Hi.

On my system:

Code:
/Users/scott $ java -version > /dev/null
java version "1.6.0_20"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02-279-10M3065)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01-279, mixed mode)

This tells me that the version information is written somewhere else (actually standard error), so, try:
Code:
${SSH_CMD} ${USER}@${_host} 'java -version 2>&1' | tee -a results.txt

Last edited by Scott; 08-04-2010 at 02:34 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH and command logging

Hi all... I've completed the task of deploying SSH over my 400 servers. I don't know if i'm right or wrong, but ssh doesn't do any command-logging, does it? Is there a app i can use to log all commands passed ( besides the usual .sh_history), whith no modification possible by the user, and how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging Command Line and Output in Unix

Hi, This might be a bit stupid question, but what command to use to create like a session which logs the command line, and output on to the screen? Basically, a log to a file, where I can review what I had install, uninstall, etc. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittoinc
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

5. AIX

Remote Script command logging question

I've noticed that when running a script that connects to a number of our servers (to essentially run batch commands) that the commands aren't logged in the user's .sh_history or .bash_history files. Is there a place where this is logged (assuming the script itself isn't doing the logging and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not logging ftp connections in /var/adm/wtmpx file (in last command output)

Hi all, I have F5 load balancer on my system and checking service status by opening an ftp session in every 30 seconds. These ftp sessions are being logged in /var/adm/wtmpx and filling up the file. when i run the last command most of the output is this ftp session. I was wondering if there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cepxat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote command in variable using ssh

Hi, I've an issue in a shell script: I'm opening an ssh connection to a remote server, then I want to store the result of a ls command in a variable, but it doesn't work: the ls is done on the local machine. ssh user@server << EOF ls # works as expected (ls is done remotely) test=`ls` # the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seloum57
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH - remote output locally

The code below works ok, however; I need to output the results to a local variable the_path="/mnt/back/hang" ssh -T -i /home/buddy/.ssh/id_rsa buddy@ginger << EOF find ${the_path} -name "*.jpg" | wc -l > ## output to local variable exit EOF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting SSH Output From Remote to Local Session?

Hi everyone, after about 2 days of scratching my head on this one, I'm finally ready to punt this and ask for some actual help. Here's the situation. We have 1 server, that runs multiple VM's. To gain access to those VM's we ssh from host01 to the other vm hosts. For example when we first log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)