Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find the disk space allocated. Post 302442496 by kailash19 on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 12:49:50 PM
Old 08-04-2010
How to find the disk space allocated.

Hello,

I need to find the total allocated disk space for the home directory.

How can i find that in unix?(in GB).

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space used greater than allocated using top

Hi there, When I run top on my machine it says I have 497M swap space in use, and 380M swap space free, but I have only allocated 512M swap space to the machine!!!! Does anyone know how swap used is calculated in the top command? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chorgan
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find free disk space on solaris

In linux df is the command to find free space what is the equivalent command in the Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishankar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df+du=Total space allocated(for a file system)

Hi All, Will df+du=Total space allocted for a file system?? Is the above correct. Please correct me If iam wrong. In one my programs the above is not happening. Please help me out. Many thanks. Regards, Manas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Can be changeed the allocated space

i am working with solaris 9 and my disk usages are # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1902721 202577 91% / /proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab 0 0 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Increasing allocated space to a mount - possible?

Hey guys, I am somewhat new to Solaris - and very new when it comes to mounts. My problem is that when I installed Solaris, I allocated way too little diskspace to my / mount (it first became obvious now, however, because of new needs). bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
25 Replies

6. Solaris

How much portion of RAM is allocated to Swap space?

How swap is getting 12GB as its size as per the below output: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 7.9G 2.1G 5.7G 27% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% /system/contract proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab 0K 0K 0K 0% /etc/mnttab swap 12G 1.2M 12G 1%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Help to Find out Available disk space

I need to find available disk space for /home. $ df /home Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mahhh/VolGroup11-LogVol00 32281452 45028 26034172 15% / $df /home |tail -1| awk '{print $4}' 15% The above result shows the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu_1
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find folders with timestamp and disk space used

Hi, I want write a script that finds a set of folders written between a certain time and then find the disk space used by those folders. Can someone please help. Thanks, Sparcman:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparcman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need simpler way to find all my disk space utilization using df -h

Hi All, I am using SSH Tectia terminal to get the disk space utilization of a particular folder /opt/logs in all the servers one by one using the command df -h and looking through the list of folders manually to get /opt/logs folder disk space used percentage . The problem here is , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakhan2011
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to sum up the space allocated to filesystems

Hi , I Would like to know the space allocated by adding up all the allocated space to group of filesystems .. example , df -h|grep /db | awk '{ print $4 }' ---> giving me all the used space on the filesystem but need to know the total used space by adding up all the values (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsankineni
3 Replies
df(1M)																	    df(1M)

NAME
df - report number of free file system disk blocks SYNOPSIS
FStype] specific_options] [special|directory]... DESCRIPTION
The command displays the number of free 512-byte blocks and free inodes available for file systems by examining the counts kept in the superblock or superblocks. If a special or a directory is not specified, the free space on all mounted file systems is displayed. If the arguments to are path names, reports on the file systems containing the named files. If the argument to is a special of an unmounted file system, the free space in the unmounted file system is displayed. Options recognizes the following options: Report only the number of kilobytes (KB) free. Report the number of files free. Report only the actual count of the blocks in the free list (free inodes are not reported). Report only on the FStype file system type (see fstyp(1M)). Report the entire structure described in statvfs(2). Report the total number of inodes, the number of free inodes, number of used inodes, and the percentage of inodes in use. Report the allocation in kilobytes (KB). Report on local file systems only. Report the file system name. If used with no other options, display a list of mounted file system types. Specify options specific to each file system type. specific_options is a comma-separated list of suboptions intended for a specific FStype module of the command. See the file-system-specific manual entries for further details. Report the name of the file system, the size of the file system, the number of blocks used, the number of blocks free, the percentage of blocks used and the directory below which the file system hierarchy appears. Do not sync the file system data on the disk before reporting the usage. Note that the data reported by may not be up to date. Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks. Report the percentage of blocks used, the number of blocks used, and the number of blocks free. This option cannot be used with other options. Echo the completed command line, but perform no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single-byte and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
Report the number of free disk blocks for all mounted file systems: Report the number of free disk blocks for all mounted HFS file systems: Report the number of free files for all mounted NFS file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for all mounted file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for the file system mounted as FILES
File system devices Static information about the file systems Mounted file system table SEE ALSO
du(1), df_hfs(1M), df_vxfs(1M), fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), statvfs(2), fstab(4), mnttab(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
df(1M)