Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare files and then remove some lines Post 302442402 by soliberus on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 06:25:57 AM
Old 08-04-2010
Thanks Guru, but the -f switch doesn't work on Solaris.

This is an example of the lines that are in my files:

Code:
FMDP0001_MSH11193_ATD-AAE-F6R-CB_100803_234702_book-1_page-1.png
FMDP0001_MSH11193_ATD-AAE-F6R-CB_100803_234702_book-1_page-1.xml
FMDP0001_MSH13299_ATD-AAE-F6R-CB_100803_230354_book-1_page-1.png
FMDP0001_MSH13299_ATD-AAE-F6R-CB_100803_230354_book-1_page-1.xml

---------- Post updated at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:07 AM ----------

Correction:

There are two version of grep on Solaris 10

/usr/bin/grep
/usr/xpg4/bin/grep

The -f switch works on the second one.

Thank you for the solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to compare lines in 2 files

Hello, I am new to scripting and need some help. In looking at other posts on this forum, I came up with the following logic. I cannot figure out why I am getting names of files of the current directory in my echo output. Scenario: message file has a line containing the version. Version.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare and Remove duplicate lines from txt

Hello, I am a total linux newbie and I can't seem to find a solution to this little problem. I have two text files with a huge list of URLS. Let's call them file1.txt and file2.txt What I want to do is grab an URL from file2.txt, search file1.txt for the URL and if found, delete it from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmarcano
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and remove all the contents of one file from another

Hi, I have two files, in which the second file has exactly the same contents of the first file with some additional records. Now, if I want to remove those matching lines from file2 and print only the extra contents which the first file does not have, I could use the below unsophisticated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare one files with strings from another + remove lines

Have two files and want to compare the content of file1 with file2. When matched remove the line. awk 'NR==FNR {b; next} !(b in $0)' file1 file2file1 1. if match 2. removefile2 1. this line has to be removed if match 2. this line has a match, remove 3. this line has no match, no removingThe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files and remove a line from a file if first column is greater than 25

my files are as follows fileA sepearated by tab /t 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB funnymou120112 funnymou234470 mou3raspnhdhv rddfgmoudone1438748 so all those record which are greater than 3 and which are not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to compare ,diff and remove betwen 2 files

Hi Friends Need your expertise. Command to check the difference and compare 2 files and remove lines . example File1 is master copy and File2 is a slave copy . whenever i change, add or delete a record in File1 it should update the same in slave copy . Can you guide me how can i accomplish... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files, remove lines from second based on lines in first

I have two files, a keepout.txt and a database.csv. They're unsorted, but could be sorted. keepout: user1 buser3 anuser19 notheruser27 database: user1,2343,"information about",field,blah,34 user2,4231,"mo info",etc,stuff,43 notheruser27,4344,"hiya",thing,more thing,423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esoffron
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare lines in 2 files

I have 2 files with exactly the same information (with header and separated by ";") and what I would like to do is print (for both files!) the columns that are different and also print the "key" column that is equal in the 2 files For example, if File1: key1;aaa;bbb;ccc key2;ddd;eee;fff... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare lines between two files

I have two files I need to compare these two files and take the lines that are common in both the files and consider the line present in second file for my further processing I have used "Awk" along with "FNR and NR" but that is not working gawk -F= ' > FNR==NR {a=$1; next}; > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)