Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Analyzing Core Dump
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Analyzing Core Dump Post 302442355 by girija on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 04:33:36 AM
Old 08-04-2010
try with Backtrace

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dump

I've got a core dump in my weblogic home directory, which i have tried to debug by initiating savecore from /etc/init.d/savecore start but savecore failed to create the two files, that is vmcore.n and vmunix.n. savecore is enable on my server to save vmcore and vmunix in /var/crash/hostname 1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analyzing System Core Files?

can some tell me how to do this. I mean, i tried finding this out on my own but when I checked the man pages, i got a truckload of commands available pertaining to this task which in turn got me confused. so my question is, if there is a simple straight forward(not necessarily easy) way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

4. Programming

about core dump

MY friends: my program under sco unix have a problem? it create a core dump file on the path when execute program , but i can't find the error of the C program ,i don't know how to see the error about my program use core, please help me or give me some suggest and what tools can use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhaohaizhou
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

core dump

Hi All, i am new to this forum.i want detail of reading the core file and trace the problem because of what the program get crashed.please help me.if any body knows any website or tutoril plese let me know. sudhir (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir patnaik
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Core dump in HP-UX..

Hi All I am new for this forum. I have a core file by using gdb and bt cmd I got the function name but I want to the exact cause of the core dump because of I can not reproduse the binary so if any one know the cmd plz plz plz let me know. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Core Dump

Hello all, Iam new to unix while executing java program which finely working in windows know iam testing with unix ,but in unix while executing iam getting core dump, my application is in client server environment and it is menu drivrn application on clicking options no problem but after some time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinp
1 Replies

8. AIX

core dump

My application gives core dump. When i am debugging with dbx getting instructions below: pthdb_session.c, 818: 695445 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1941: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 warning: Unable to access address 0x0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bapi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No core dump

my progrme complaints 'Segmentation fault'. How to let it print 'Segmentation fault(core dumped)' and generate core dump file? $ulimit unlimited (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
22 Replies

10. Solaris

core dump

Hi guys, just want to know which core file pattern is best to set for core dumps: 1) per-process file name pattern or 2) global file name pattern. I will really appreciate an explanation why the chosen one is better. Thanks a lot guys. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
Devel::DollarAt(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::DollarAt(3pm)

NAME
Devel::DollarAt - Give magic abilities to $@ SYNOPSIS
use Devel::DollarAt; eval "0/0"; print $@, $@->backtrace; $@->redie; DESCRIPTION
Using eval {}, you may catch Perl exceptions almost like you do it with try {} in Java. However there are days when you miss some features of exceptions. The only thing you know about the error that occured is the string $@, which combines the error message and technical data like the line number. The Devel::DollarAt module gives some functionality to the $@ scalar. Once you say "use Devel::DollarAt", the module is active program- wide. If an exception occurs anywhere in any module, $@ will be globally set to an object of class Devel::DollarAt. Apart from performance, this shouldn't be a problem because $@ tries to be downwardly compatible to the normal $@. However using this package in CPAN modules or large software projects is discouraged. DISCLAIMER
Use this module only for debugging. Don't think of it as an exception framework for Perl or something like that. It just gives magic abilities to $@, that's all. METHODS
backtrace Returns a Devel::Backtrace object, which lets you inspect the callers of the fatality. filename Returns the name of the file in which the error occured. inputhandle Returns the file handle which has most recently be read from at the time of the error. inputline Returns the line number of "$@->inputhandle" (which is $.) at the time of the error. line Returns the number of the line in which the error occured. redie Redispatches this exception to the next eval{}. redispatch_points Returns a list of objects with informations about when this exception was redispatched. Each object has got the accessors "package", "filename" and "line". In string context, the objects will look like "redispatched from FooPackage at file.pl:17 ". to_string Returns a string that looks quite like the normal $@, e. g. "Illegal division by zero at foo.pl line 42, <> line 13." Devel::DollarAt overloads the "" (stringification) operator to this method. EXAMPLES
A very simple (and pointless) way to use Devel::DollarAt is this oneliner: perl -MDevel::DollarAt -e '0/0' It bails out with "Illegal division by zero at -e line 1." and an exit status of 1, just like it would have done if you hadn't supplied -MDevel::DollarAt. This is because the magically modified $@ variable gets stringified when perl prints it as exit reason. If you actually want to see the difference, use perl -MDevel::DollarAt=frame -e '0/0' This bails out with "[[Illegal division by zero at -e line 1.]]" so you can see that something has happened. KNOWN PROBLEMS
This module requires that no other code tampers with $SIG{__DIE__} or *CORE::GLOBAL::die. A not widely known feature of Perl is that it can propagate $@. If you call die() without parameters or with an empty string or an undefined value, the error message will be "Died". However, if $@ was set to some value before this, the previous error message will be used with " ...propagated" appended: perl -e '$@="7"; die" 7 ...propagated at -e line 1. Devel::DollarAt emulates this behaviour. If you use the above example but leave out the double quotes, perl's behaviour is different as of version 5.8.8: perl -e '$@=7; die' 7 at -e line 1. Devel::DollarAt does not emulate this behaviour: perl -MDevel::DollarAt -e '$@=7; die' 7 ...propagated at -e line 1. If a previous $@ is propagated, inputhandle and inputline won't work. They won't be interpolated into the stringified $@, either. If perl comes across syntax errors, $@ appears to be just a string as usual. Apparently $SIG{__DIE__} won't be called for syntax errors. AUTHOR
Christoph Bussenius <pepe@cpan.org> If you use this module, I'll be glad if you drop me a note. You should mention this module's name in the subject of your mails, in order to make sure they won't get lost in all the spam. LICENSE
This module is in the public domain. If your country's law does not allow this module being in the public domain or does not include the concept of public domain, you may use the module under the same terms as perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2009-01-27 Devel::DollarAt(3pm)